cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R320 Access Point Ceiling Mount With No Power

Sully
New Contributor

We recently purchased a Lenar home. The unit has no power. Any suggestions where to start here. 

14 REPLIES 14

Yes, we have hust one acess point. I'm assuming we will need to purchase a Ruckus switch port since there wasn't one in the home when we purchased it.

Hello @Sully 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for your recent correspondence and confirmation.

If you do not possess multiple devices and wish to utilize a Single Access Point (AP) without a PoE (Power over Ethernet) Switch, you can achieve this by using an external power adapter for the AP. And connect the AP to any available port on your ISP (Internet Service Provider’s) Router using an Ethernet cable. Please refer to the enclosed screenshot for visual guidance. (12 VDC and Ethernet cable must be used together)

Same as that a 12 VDC adapter is connected to your ISP’s Router or modem-router combo device. Similarly, the AP requires a compatible adapter.

Should you have any further inquiries regarding this setup, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi @Sully 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Hi @Sully 

Greetings! 

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi

Hi @Sully 

Greetings! 

If we do not receive a response from you within 24 hours from the timestamp of this message, your case will proceed to closure.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi