cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased preowned Lennar home. Need help with network

KingBama
New Contributor

Hello,

We just purchased a Lennar smart home. It currently has the icx switch and 3 access points. I am struggling to get this up and running. I don’t know if I should have but I reset the switch and both access points. I have tried running the app but it tells me I am not connected to the unleashed network. When I try connecting to configure.me it tells me there is no internet connection. I just had a new AT&T router installed in the control panel and is connected to the switch. What do I need to do to configure the switch and get the access points connected?

note: I have watched numerous videos and read lots of posts but I haven’t seen anyone with the exact issues that I am having. I “think” I need to configure the switch but I have no idea how to do that when I cannot connect to the unleashed network. Your help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KingBama
New Contributor

I have since figured everything out. I unplugged all the APs except the master (which I took a lucky guess which one that was) then reset the switch and the master AP. Once I did that I was able to set up the system. However, once I completed setup and setup ssid, etc there was no internet connection and I was no longer connected to the unleashed network. This happened 3 times in a row and I was seriously about to be done with this system. 

I decided the next try I would use unleashed.ruckuswireless.com to perform the setup rather than the app. Worked like a charm and have had 0 issues since. Once setup was complete, I then plugged the additional APs back in. At first they were recognized but showing disconnected status. After a few more minutes they eventually connected. I couldn’t believe that I actually got this network up and running! I even setup a 2.4 ghz channel for our smart water treatment system that only connects to 2.4. I got all of my ring devices, alarm system, and other devices connected. I am loving this network!!

It’s amazing how you can go from being completely defeated to total accomplishment. I really didn’t think I would ever get this network up and running. Thanks to all who have posted videos, comments, and such on these forums. I took a little something from a lot of different resources to finally figure this out. Word of advice, don’t use the app for setup… use the site!!

Does this mean I am a Ruckusser, Ruckusanian, or Ruckusite now?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KingBama
New Contributor

I have since figured everything out. I unplugged all the APs except the master (which I took a lucky guess which one that was) then reset the switch and the master AP. Once I did that I was able to set up the system. However, once I completed setup and setup ssid, etc there was no internet connection and I was no longer connected to the unleashed network. This happened 3 times in a row and I was seriously about to be done with this system. 

I decided the next try I would use unleashed.ruckuswireless.com to perform the setup rather than the app. Worked like a charm and have had 0 issues since. Once setup was complete, I then plugged the additional APs back in. At first they were recognized but showing disconnected status. After a few more minutes they eventually connected. I couldn’t believe that I actually got this network up and running! I even setup a 2.4 ghz channel for our smart water treatment system that only connects to 2.4. I got all of my ring devices, alarm system, and other devices connected. I am loving this network!!

It’s amazing how you can go from being completely defeated to total accomplishment. I really didn’t think I would ever get this network up and running. Thanks to all who have posted videos, comments, and such on these forums. I took a little something from a lot of different resources to finally figure this out. Word of advice, don’t use the app for setup… use the site!!

Does this mean I am a Ruckusser, Ruckusanian, or Ruckusite now?

Hi @KingBama 

Greetings of the day,

That's great!!.  Good to hear that the issue got resolved. 

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community