cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power outage no AP LED lights

dsmith160
Contributor

Power outage no AP LED lights. Switch/Hub ICX 7150 C12P has LED's SYST orange & PWR LED green. No other LED's on. Status area no LED's lights on for STAT, SPD, ID or PoE. Don't know how long to press reset. No output coming from any of the ports, that I tried. Unplugged at outlet, letting the unit cool for 30 minutes, still nothing. AP shows no signs of getting power. No lights at all. Not able to open Unleashed Home on my cell phone. Asks for Configure.Me-XXXX my Wifi does not find or show file. Can't open Typical Install or Gateway Install or Manage Network. When I login I get message that says: Unable to reach Unleashed Network. Please make sure device is connected to the Unleashed Network, Yes or No.

16 REPLIES 16

Imran_ruckus

Hi @dsmith160 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch has Green and Orange LEDs with no power on Access Points.

As you mentioned there are lights on the PWR and SYST, if there is an amber/orange light on the "SYST" and a green light on the "PWR" on the Switch (as it is in the below picture). Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

Basically, due to the power outage/ power spike, the switch went to a state that we call ‘boot mode’ that is not able to boot up properly. This is the reason your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is unable to transmit power (PoE- Power over Ethernet) to the Access Points or on its ports.

Please follow the below VIDEO steps to fix this issue:

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

IF THE RESET IS NOT WORKING, PLEASE TRY TO RESET YOUR SWITCH MULTIPLE TIMES (Like 10-15 times) AS DESCRIBED IN THE ABOVE VIDEO. As we have seen it working sometimes after trying multiple times in many cases. If the reset with a paperclip works, the SYST and PWR lights should turn GREEN.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Re: Power outage no AP LED lights

Hi @dsmith160

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

There must be a COM port when the Switch is connected to the Laptop with the software recovery cables. 

As this was the same issue with your previous Switch, we suspect this is an issue more on the Laptop side. We request and suggest using another Windows laptop/PC for the software recovery process.

Please check and let me know if you are stuck at any point during the process.

Thank you again for understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

dsmith160_0-1699374146703.png

dsmith160
‎11-06-2023

Lol, Imran, I thought the same as well and have actually tried 2 other computers.

My wife's, my dautghter's, as well as mine. All 3 run windows 11 and I've connected the switch to each. Not 1 shows or displays Com 1 nor Com 3. Believe me if they did, I'd be more than happy to be done with this. I don't how else to plainly explain this. Like the image(s) I've already shared. The switch when connected to each PC and when device manager is launched, there's no Com ports to connect to. There's "ONLY".... Universal Serial Bus Controllers & USB Connector Managers folders, NO COM PORTS. I have provided everything you've asked for Imran, including viewing ALL the URL links you repeatly send to me for the same issue I've experienced with the prior ICX7150. I've gone through the same process over and over with no fix. When you RMA by replacing the previous switch, problem solved, I'm not understanding why with the exact same power out issue you continue to ask me to perform the same steps, that simply have proven not to work instead of issuing an RMA for a refurbish replacement unit? Quiet simply put your suggested fixes "don't work". I really wish they would!

Dallas

dsmith160
Contributor

Hi Imran, I held the reset button per the video instructions, now the 7150 is constantly flashing orange lights with the exception of the power light. It's flashing green, after 2 minutes all stopped flashing with the exception of the SYST light (orange) & power light (green). I've tried this several times as you asked and still the same result. This is the same video you asked me to watch for the other 7150 with the same result. It does not factory reset.

Hi @dsmith160 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

As you already did on another post, please follow the below process once again.

IF RESET DOESN’T WORK: Please follow the below steps.

If the reset does not make any difference, we need to perform a software recovery since it can be that the image flash is corrupted in basic words the unit is not able to boot up properly and need re-install the image to boot up properly.

Below is the Guide and Video Link to perform the Software recovery process:

Please refer to the below guide and Video link: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql22blH_CGo

Please note, we must use ethernet cable (both ends RJ45 plugs) and USB to type C cable both together as described in steps 2 & 3 in the guide link.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi