cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No power access point

Tony
New Contributor II

Can i buy something instead of ruckus tired of going through this every time there is a power surge

6 REPLIES 6

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Tony 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

Based on the details provided, it appears that you are experiencing issues with your RUCKUS setup following a power outage/surge. 

This issue typically arises when your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is running on an older firmware version. To prevent such occurrences in the future, we recommend upgrading your switch to the latest stable version recommended for Lennar home users. This update should help mitigate similar issues going forward.

To proceed with checking with your current version running on the Switch, please follow the steps outlined below to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) and provide the necessary command outputs:

1. First, identify the current IP address assigned to the switch ICX-7150-C12P by your local router. You can use an IP scanner tool to easily locate the switch's IP address on your network. Here is a guide on how to perform this using IP Scanner free applications: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

2. Once you have identified the IP address of the switch, proceed to access the Command Line Interface (CLI) of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P switch. Here is a guide on how to access the CLI: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-access-the-Command-Li...

If you can access the Command line the prompt should look like below:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

3. After successfully accessing the CLI, please execute the following commands and provide the outputs:

enable

show version

show flash 

show inline power

Please share the command outputs or screenshots if you encounter any issues or errors during these steps. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Tony
New Contributor II

Current License:
P-ASIC 0: type B160, rev 11 Chip BCM56160_B0
==========================================================================
UNIT 1: SL 2: ICX7150-2X1GC 2-port 2G Module
UNIT 1: SL 3: ICX7150-2X10GF 2-port 20G Module
1000 MHz ARM processor ARMv7 88 MHz bus
8192 KB boot flash memory
2048 MB code flash memory
1024 MB DRAM
STACKID 1 system uptime is 1 hour(s) 16 minute(s) 58 second(s)
filtering...
The system started at 00:02:01 GMT+00 Sat Jan 01 2000

The system : started=cold start

telnet@ICX7150-C12 Switch#show flash
Stack unit 1:
Compressed Pri Code size = 24723488, Version:08.0.61aT211
Compressed Sec Code size = 28314668, Version:08.0.61aT213
Compressed Boot-Monitor Image size = 786944, Version:10.1.10T225
Code Flash Free Space = 1312002048
telnet@ICX7150-C12 Switch#

Hello @Tony 

Thank you for your response and for sharing the information.

Based on the output you provided, it appears that your switch is currently running on an older version (08.0.61a non-UFI), which may be causing the recurring issues.

I recommend upgrading your switch to a recommended UFI version. You can find detailed instructions on how to perform this upgrade in the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article available here: 

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-upgrade-RUCKUS-ICX-71...

Since you have access to the CLI, I suggest following the second upgrade option outlined in the article. 

Please proceed with the upgrade process and feel free to reach out if you encounter any difficulties or have further questions.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

Hi @Tony 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi