cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No lights on access points

theabancroft
New Contributor

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus system and two access points. Neither access point is lit up. One is located on the 1st floor the other on the second floor. The light on the main box is blue and blinking. Both 1st and 2nd floor Ethernet cables are connected to the POE ports on the main box as well as my cable modem. They were working fine and then I noticed my internet was slow as I moved away from where my modem is connected noticing that none of the lights on either access points are lit.

any ideas what could be the problem?

21 REPLIES 21

I'm back online...thank you.

I read along the way that there could potentially be an update that would fix this problem in the future...is this true?

Hi @theabancroft 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Before you upgrade your Switch, please configure a username and password for your Switch as any usernames and passwords are not working when you try to log in on the web browser.

Reset your new credentials as mentioned in the steps below:

Edit the current or create a new password and username by using the below commands:

enable

configure terminal

device(config)# username super password pass

Where the username is ’super’ and password ‘pass’ (You could choose any of your choices)

In order to allow the correct authentication please run the following commands:
Device(config)#crypto key generate rsa

device(config)# aaa authentication login default local

Note: It will take some time to get synchronized with new reset credentials.

Now you could try using these new credentials to log in to the Switch.

Please confirm once it is done and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.