cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No lights on access points

theabancroft
New Contributor

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus system and two access points. Neither access point is lit up. One is located on the 1st floor the other on the second floor. The light on the main box is blue and blinking. Both 1st and 2nd floor Ethernet cables are connected to the POE ports on the main box as well as my cable modem. They were working fine and then I noticed my internet was slow as I moved away from where my modem is connected noticing that none of the lights on either access points are lit.

any ideas what could be the problem?

21 REPLIES 21

Hang in there with me Imran.

Once you said I had to go to the terminal I was able to google how to do that. Maybe you can take baby steps with me since you don't provide telephone support and all we have is this forum.

Went to the terminal and typed in the IP address like you said. then typed enable. Now I'm not sure what to do. What's next...I have one green light and two orange on my access points. So we are making progress. 

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 12.06.12 PM.png

Hi @theabancroft 

Thank you for the response and the information.

Please share the output of the below commands.

enable 

show version

show flash

show inline power 
show interface brief

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 12.30.37 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-19 at 12.31.23 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-19 at 12.31.50 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-19 at 12.32.23 PM.png

Hi @theabancroft 

Thank you for the response and sharing the requested information.

Based on the output of the commands Switch seems to be in a normal condition.

Please try to reboot the Switch by performing the below commands and check the connectivity once it comes up after some minutes.

Below are the commands:

reload

y

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.