cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New R510 AP - Configure.Me Failure

PDBars
New Contributor III

My neighbor has a NetGear Switch with one Ruckus R510 connected.  He purchased a second R510 to extend his network.  We connect the R510 to his existing switch (with POE) and the R510 boots up.  We then try to connect using my iPhone WiFi to the Configure.Me-xxxxxx network item and it does not appear to successfully connect.  When trying the Ruckus iPhone app to see the device it tells us that we need to connect to the R510 before we can use it.  I also tried connecting to the R510 using my laptop over the WiFi and it appears to link, and then used unleashed.ruckuswireless.com path on my browser, but it does not find the R510.  We have reset the R510 using the standard reset process, but still no success.

Looking for ideas on how to help him connect his R510 and configure it for his network.

Note:  I have a Ruckus network at home with the Ruckus Switch and 3 R510s and manage this successfully.  I have watched multiple Ruckus training videos on the topic - but still no success!

Thanks!

PDBars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @PDBars 

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

Since you have ordered this RUCKUS R510 Access Point from a third-party e-commerce website, we recommend initiating the replacement process directly with the seller.

To avoid such issues in the future, we always suggest to buy directly from RUCKUS Distributers or Partners.

Should you have any further inquiries or require assistance with any other matter, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your time, patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi @PDBars 

Thank you for your prompt response.

Please find below the answers to your queries:

1. The access point (AP) does not necessitate an Ethernet cable for connection to the laptop.

2. Utilize a paper clip to access the "configure.me-xxxx" network and establish connection to it.

3. This aligns with our anticipated outcomes.

4.Upon connecting to the "configure.me-xxxxxx" network, please navigate to 

https://unleashed.ruckuswireless.com/ via your laptop's browser to configure or reset the AP.

For visual guidance, kindly refer to the accompanying video:

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

PDBars
New Contributor III

Imran,

I followed the directions in the video and your messages.  When accessing the unleashed.ruckuswireless.com, the browser response is that it cannot find that server.  So the browser is not able to establish a connection with the AP Configure.Me WLAN.

Any other ideas?  Thanks!

PDBars

Hi @PDBars 

Thank you for confirming receipt.

Could you please attempt the setup using the Unleashed mobile app? For guidance, please refer to the provided guide:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-Unleashed-Set-up-usin...

Kindly verify if this method resolves the issue and provide feedback accordingly.

We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

PDBars
New Contributor III

Imran,

I have the mobile app installed on my iPhone and have used it successfully on my own R510 APs in the past.

However, for my neighbor's R510 AP, as reported in the initial posting, when accessing the Configure.Me WLAN on my iPhone using the WiFi connection process, it appears to hang up and never fully connects with the R510 AP WLAN (Configure.Me).  After attempting to connect with the Configure.Me WLAN, I would open the Unleashed Mobile app and press the START button.  The message I receive is "Unleashed - You must be connected to Configure.Me WiFi to perform this operation."  This tells me that the WiFi connection is never fully established on the iPhone with the Configure.Me WLAN.

Instead of letting the iPhone IPV4 automatically configure the IP address, should we do this manually?  If yes, what are the appropriate IP Address and Subnet Mask that I should set?

Thanks for your continued assistance in troubleshooting this issue.

PDBars

Hello @PDBars 

Greetings!

Thank you for your response and the provided update.

There is no any manual IP configurations are required in this process.

Could you kindly specify the source from which you acquired this RUCKUS R510 Access Point?

If the Access Point was purchased from an e-commerce supplier such as Amazon, I recommend initiating a replacement process. It's possible that the AP is stuck in boot mode and defective, preventing us from performing a factory reset.

Please confirm and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi