cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New R510 AP - Configure.Me Failure

PDBars
New Contributor III

My neighbor has a NetGear Switch with one Ruckus R510 connected.  He purchased a second R510 to extend his network.  We connect the R510 to his existing switch (with POE) and the R510 boots up.  We then try to connect using my iPhone WiFi to the Configure.Me-xxxxxx network item and it does not appear to successfully connect.  When trying the Ruckus iPhone app to see the device it tells us that we need to connect to the R510 before we can use it.  I also tried connecting to the R510 using my laptop over the WiFi and it appears to link, and then used unleashed.ruckuswireless.com path on my browser, but it does not find the R510.  We have reset the R510 using the standard reset process, but still no success.

Looking for ideas on how to help him connect his R510 and configure it for his network.

Note:  I have a Ruckus network at home with the Ruckus Switch and 3 R510s and manage this successfully.  I have watched multiple Ruckus training videos on the topic - but still no success!

Thanks!

PDBars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @PDBars 

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

Since you have ordered this RUCKUS R510 Access Point from a third-party e-commerce website, we recommend initiating the replacement process directly with the seller.

To avoid such issues in the future, we always suggest to buy directly from RUCKUS Distributers or Partners.

Should you have any further inquiries or require assistance with any other matter, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again. We appreciate your time, patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Imran_ruckus

Hi @PDBars 

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community. I trust this message finds you well.

We appreciate the information you've provided. Based on the details provided, it appears that you are seeking assistance with integrating a RUCKUS R510 Access Point into your existing network of RUCKUS Unleashed.

To proceed, we kindly request that you attempt to connect to the configure.me-xxxxxx WLAN using a laptop, and subsequently configure it via a web browser on the same device. For your convenience, we have included a guide and a video tutorial outlining the process:

1. Guide: Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point
Link to Guide: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

2. Video Tutorial: Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web
Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Kindly perform the steps outlined in the provided resources, and do not hesitate to reach out should you encounter any inquiries or require further assistance.

Thank you once again for your cooperation and patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

PDBars
New Contributor III

Imran,

Thanks for the follow-up, but I did not have success using these processes.  The R510 power light turns on and the CTL light flashes a slow green light.  But it does not allow me to connect to the R510 AP to configure it.

PDBars

Hello @PDBars 

Thank you for your prompt response.

As previously mentioned, kindly attempt the configuration process using a web browser on laptop.

Thank you once more for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

PDBars
New Contributor III

Imran,

I have attempted multiple times to connect the Configure.Me WLAN to the laptop.  The browser does not recognize the R510.  Steps I use for the process:

1.  Plug the ethernet cable into the laptop and power up the AP.

2.  Find the Configure.Me WLAN and select it to connect.  Note:  The first time I did this, I needed to use the S/N for the password.  Subsequently, the laptop recognizes the R510 WLAN using Configure.Me name.

3.  The Configure.Me indicates it is connected. - "No internet, secured."

4.  I open the browser and try to connect to the Configure.Me device and it fails - it tells me that it cannot find that site.

So what step am I missing or what am I doing incorrectly.  Do i need to include a specific IP address to find the AP WLAN?

Thanks!

PDBars