cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master WAP has Power, but no Connection

JaredEW
New Contributor

Hello

My master WAP on the first floor of my home has power, but no connection. I’ve attempted a couple of troubleshooting activities;

disconnect and reconnect from/to splitter

connect to different port on splitter 

quick press reset button on WAP

ensure all firmware updates have been completed (although currently the app cannot communicate with the WAP)

could someone provide more assistance on what may be causing this. It is causing low connection in this area of my home and I have a couple of devices in this area that require a stable connection. Another WAP is nearby and I believe they’re pinging off of that one currently. All other WAPs are working with no faults currently. 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

I’m not sure if my previous response was clear or not, so let me clarify. 

I understand no IP address is being sent, again, all of my other WAPs have an IP address and are working with no issues. Only 1 unit has an issue. The router and switch are functioning correctly. 

no errors are populating, so I have nothing to screenshot and attach or describe further. 

please escalate. Thanks 

Hi @JaredEW 

Based on the troubleshooting done, seems that this unit should be RMA (return merchandise authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community