cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master WAP has Power, but no Connection

JaredEW
New Contributor

Hello

My master WAP on the first floor of my home has power, but no connection. I’ve attempted a couple of troubleshooting activities;

disconnect and reconnect from/to splitter

connect to different port on splitter 

quick press reset button on WAP

ensure all firmware updates have been completed (although currently the app cannot communicate with the WAP)

could someone provide more assistance on what may be causing this. It is causing low connection in this area of my home and I have a couple of devices in this area that require a stable connection. Another WAP is nearby and I believe they’re pinging off of that one currently. All other WAPs are working with no faults currently. 

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @JaredEW

Based on your description,  PWR LED blinking Green means that the Access Points are not getting an IP address from router. Please confirm the cable connection of your device.

Check if the port the AP is connected to is providing DHCP services on the Native/Default VLAN.

The versions must match for the AP to join the network unleashed existing

1-Connect the AP to your router to get a valid IP
2-Ssh to the IP, default credentials are admin/sp-admin
3-Run the following command > show version

4-Confirm the version of the AP

Also let me add more detail to understand the LED lights of your Access points. 

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

Also please check the following guide to make sure is the right devices and the connections 

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello,

This also did not resolve my issue. I’ve confirmed the other 3 devices are receiving an IP address, so I’m not sure why only one WAP is not. Would it be possible to hav an advisor visit my home to diagnose? Thanks 

Hi @JaredEW 

Effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. 
We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model.

Please share the screenshot of the error while trying to solve the issue. 

Also please follow the below steps to solve the issue.

1. Try another port on the switch.
  2. Try a different cable if possible. Check the cable ends for damage, corrosion, etc..

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

Hello,

No errors were shown on my screen when I attempted the process flow shared prior. I’m not sure why the 1 WAP is not getting an IP address. 

For the other steps you’ve mentioned, I’ve tried these before. I’ve swapped cables to the port on the switch and have been able gain connection on another WAP. So I know the switch is functioning as expected. I’ve attempted to swap just the cable from the 1 non-working WAP to another port and no net change. I cannot physically see any damage or corrosion, but I do not have a cable end tester to verify this for sure. 

At this point it has been multiple weeks of diagnostic work with no net change. Can this issue be escalated. I’m not sure if you folks have a manner of contacting the home warranty team to schedule some form of on-site support. Thanks 

Hi @JaredEW 

If the PWR LED blinking Green means that the Access Points are not getting an IP address from router. 

For further clarification please let us know the error you were getting while trying to solve the issue. 

Also please try to attach the screenshot of the error while troubleshooting the issue.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community