cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Power To POE. Ping succesfful, File transfer Unsucessful TFTP Server Died MAC IOSX

Mmezz
New Contributor

Good-Morning,

Have been without my Ruckus System now for about a year and finally taking the time to get it up and running again.

To begin I am on a MAC Book pro utalizing a usbc-usb and Ethernet -Ethernet port to communicate with ICX7150.

I have downloaded all the latest software and am trying to upload it to un-brick my ICX.

I can successful set all my IP setting in accordance to my Ethernet connection as described and can successfully ping my connection, but when I go to update_primary TFTP fails.

All firewalls are down when attempting this!!!!!!

I believe i may have a bad Communication in ethernet port on my device not allowing it to accept the software. I have tried to reach out to ruckus support for a warranty claim and they claim that I must ask for an RMA here.

I have spent HOURS on this and have followed all your steps exactly as outlined. I have watched ALL of your ruckus Youtube videos and still can not get this to work

I only have access to this macbook pro and do not have access to a PC.

PLEASE REPLACE MY UNITScreen Shot 2023-07-31 at 12.50.26 AM.pngPing.pngports.jpg

17 REPLIES 17

Hi @Mmezz 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update on this.

Could you please let me know if you performed software recovery from your MAC device itself?

Please find answers to your queries below:

1. Yes, we have to upgrade the Switch to the latest stable version to avoid this issue in the future. I will send a detailed guide of the upgrade in another post once you confirm.

2. As you have downloaded the new Unleashed Application. Please check the version of your Unleashed system on a web browser as shown in the below screenshot. If it is on an older version, please update it to the latest version as described below in this post.

Please refer to the below screenshots for more information on how to know your Unleashed Access Points version details. 

We suggest you Upgrading your R510 Access Points to version 200.14.6.1.199 which is recently released.

Please refer to the below videos for the Upgrade process:

RUCKUS Unleashed Online and Local Firmware Upgrade Configuration using Browser UI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kasvo2S3fhc&t=217s

Please refer to the below video showing the process of Local Upgrade. (If the online Upgrade is not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCqiH2Aoxlk&t=66s

Please check, help us with the above-requested information, and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Imran,

I was able to sucessfully update the POE online to the latest firmware.

I did complete the software recovery using Terminal of my mac computer. This is a great video on how to get this done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iviyd91HntU

Users are to make sure the console into the ICX router first in a separate terminal screen prior to turning on the mac internal server.

I do believe I am running 8090.k but would like to double check. Is this also the latest version to make sure that this crash doesnt happen again?

Hi @Mmezz 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

And we appreciate the video link you shared to help other users.

Yes, 8090k is the UFI version we use for software recovery. However, I would recommend you upgrade the Switch to the 08095g version, which is a stable version for Lennar users.

You have to download the 08095g version file from the RUCKUS software download portal and copy the SPS08095gufi.bin file into a folder. (Please refer to the below screenshot).

Please follow the below commands as mentioned in the below guide as well: (Please use the same commands on MAC, as we have screenshots from Putty)

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

“copy tftp flash <tftp ip address> SPS08095gufi.bin primary”             -    (upgrade the image)

“Show flash”                                                             -  (check the primary flash has the new code)

“Write memory”                                                                                                     -  (save the changes)

“boot system flash primary”                                            -   (boot the Switch with the new code)

After the Switch comes back, run the next final command to copy what is in the primary partition to the secondary because we need that both partitions match.

"copy flash flash secondary"   - (will copy what is in the primary)

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.