cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited/No internet since brief power outage

bbradley01
New Contributor

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch and 2 R510 aps. 

A week ago we had a brief interruption in power (5-10 seconds). Since then, our wireless internet is barely working and most of the time is not working at all. I have looked through the forum and switched the boot sequence but that did not work. I hard reset the aps and switch, deleted and reinstalled the wifi networks through the unleashed app and still have not found a solution. In the unleashed app it shows the APs as connected and broadcasting wifi but the switch is 'disconnected'.

The internet is working perfectly fine through my internet provider.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @bbradley01 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

As discussed earlier, this issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshot. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

After the above process, the issue should be fixed.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Screenshot (2).png

Hi @bbradley01 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

As discussed earlier, this issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshot. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

After the above process, the issue should be fixed.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

got it up and running. Thank you

Hi @bbradley01 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and update.

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

We appreciate your time and patience on this case.

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great weekend ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Binod
New Contributor
  • Hi, I have the same issue for a month. Network is connected but having very low internet speed, almost nothing. Could you guide use step by step process please? How to enter to this putty mode? Could you guide from beginning steps. Thanks you can send the steps to my libanbinod@gmail.com.