cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dlkoons help

dlkoons
New Contributor II

My 1x C7150 would not reboot after an extended power failure.  No power to Aps. Lights solid yellow and green. Pushing reset button does nothing until released then all lights flash yellow for less than a second. I’ve been several days trying to get support through the forum but am totally frustrated. I suspect I’m like most Lennar customers and not an IT expert. There is no guidance on how to use the forum. I was able to create an account and I commented on a post that had exactly the same scenario as my switch  failure. I received an email from Imran Sanadi telling me to submit my own post which which I’m doing now.  I think I’m the first in my Lennar  neighborhood  to seek help via this forum. I have successfully used support in the past when there was a dedicated Lennar help line. Several neighbors have had similar switch failures and were replaced by Ruckus. One neighbor was told that Lennar contracted for a switch that provided minimal surge protection. Lennar did not advise us that we should have a surge protector at the point of connection to the internet. You have left me in no man’s land. I have several devices I now have to run off my AT&T internet. I have little hope can get any help from ruckus  or if this email will even be answered. There is no direction how to contact a local IT that I could hire. I’ve purchased a replacement switch off of eBay with no idea how I’m going to install it or even if it will come with instructions. My only hope is that I can plug it in and it will work.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I responded to this request on 12-21 but have not received a response.  but again, since the reboot, the power light has been a steady green. All other lights are working but flashing amber. 

View solution in original post

You have got to be kidding me! We are right back where we were a week ago. Where the power was green...This forum is the WORST support I have ever had. What the HELL is going on with support? While I’m typing this my doorbell rings and it is FED EX delivering a new switch and two access points ( I have 3). ! It was shipped on Dec 16. From TnNguyen from San Diego. It came with no instructions on how to install or return. What kind of internal communication do you have???????

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Imran_ruckus

Hi @dlkoons 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, and Access Points do not have power.

Could you please refer to the below link if you have the same issue and try to troubleshoot?

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I was able to get the switch in reboot mode. How long should I wait before I try again? It’s been almost 2 hours. 

Hi @dlkoons 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please let me know if you have SYST and PWR lights turned Green or if amber lights have been flashing continuously since you performed the reset?

Please confirm.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I responded to this request on 12-21 but have not received a response.  but again, since the reboot, the power light has been a steady green. All other lights are working but flashing amber.