cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lennar hope R510 AP no longer booting up.

CodingBrain
New Contributor

I'm having issues with my Lennar At Home Ruckus. I have a ICX7150-C12P and 2 R510 AP. The access points randomly start flashing the PWR and CTL. Repowering the ICX doesn't seem to do anything. I did notice that briefly I had Recover.Me<SN> on my network which matched my AP and another random one that i'm not aware of. I am typing this by a hard line connection to my RUCKUS ICX so it seems the ICX is working fine and internet is fine. I have noticed that power cycling my router seems to kick the AP into gear and they come back up. I don't see the router as being the issue because i'm typing this using the RUCKUS ICX which is connected to the router for internet access.

Edit: I rebooted my router and the AP's finally came back online with solid lights. However, it seems I have to do this frequently. The status lights when I press the status button on my ICX are all green except USB that one is amber when I toggle to it.

12 REPLIES 12

CodingBrain
New Contributor

I rebooted my router yet again and 1 AP came back up while the other is still down.

Hi @CodingBrain 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS Access Points are not working as it is expected to be.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was this working before or is it a new installation? If it worked before, was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same showing the light status and the cable connections to the Switch ports)

3. Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights and cable connections to the Switch ports. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to ALL the above queries or let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

CodingBrain
New Contributor

I have to say this is the craziest way to get support for internet issues. You have to use the internet to post on a forum for back and forth troubleshooting when your internet is having issues.

I have attached the images. I am not able to login to my ruckus app anymore while on wifi as it seems it isn't able to detect RUCKUS. I have also noticed that not all devices are able to connect. I have to reboot the router for the AP to allow devices to connect. Randomly throughout the day the AP's will reboot. I have already upgraded firmware for the AP. And am still having issues. I am noticing when I was able to login to ruckus that it didn't list any switches in the app, only the APs. Right now all the lights on the AP are on except for AIR.

Edit: I am able to login via a browser at unleashed.ruckuswireless.com however it says there is a cert authority error which I assume is why the mobile app doesn't work.

IMG_0076.PNGIMG_0075.jpg

Hi @CodingBrain 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please note, effective November’2022, ‘Ruckus Support for Lennar Homes customers will no longer be handled by phone or email. We will be exclusively supporting customers via this community forum support model only.

The connections are correct and light status of the Switch is normal, now we may need to factory reset the APs. Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

Certificate error is an expected one when you browse unleashed.ruckuswireless.com, you could proceed with it, and there won’t be any issues.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using your Mobile:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-Unleashed-Set-up-usin...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.