cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lennar Ruckus ICX 7150 Dropped Internet Connection

andy_perkins
New Contributor

My ICX 7150 is dropping internet connection constantly and after doing much research here and watching the Terry videos I’ve determined this is from not having the primary image available or corrupted and it reverts to secondary image ia “R” router image that is likely throwing all sorts of loops as I have an existing router connected to it.

Ive followed steps to TFTP a new image with uboot/update image articles with no luck.

can someone please share how I can copy the Image from usb?  I was successful in copying config from usb automatically after doing clear-config,  but primary image isn’t copied.

can uboot be pointed to USB image path instead of tftp IP?

6 REPLIES 6

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

@orlando_elias @ben_beck can one of you help on this one?

Thanks in advance!

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

BenBeck

Hey Andy,

Even if it boots to router code, the ICX will still switch packets just the same. It just changes what options are available in the CLI (Layer 3 interfaces, routing, etc.). Something would have to be manually configured to interfere. I believe the Lennar deployments are just one flat vlan. You can surely run on the router code and the default configuration is just one vlan. In this case, we would basically act the same way whether we are on switching or routing code. 

Are you able to console to the switch? 

Are you stuck in the boot monitor? The prompt would look something like this if you are:

ICX7150-Boot>

'show_image' can show you what is in flash:

ICX7150-Boot>show_image
===========================
Primary  :
NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x200
 512 bytes read: OK
SPR08095d(60783027)
Secondary:
NAND read: device 0 offset 0x4000000, size 0x200
 512 bytes read: OK
SPR08092e(33554432)
===========================

If you are seeing a different prompt the switch may actually already be booted to the full FastIron software. A 'show version', 'show flash' and 'show run' would be valid commands at that point. 

Let me know what you are seeing and I will try to help. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

@ben_beck Thanks!

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

matt_klouda
Contributor

Following