cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues with Ruckus & AT&T

bbradley01
New Contributor

Hello, 

I have a Lennar home with a Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P Switch, 2 R510 aps and a Ruckus T300 outdoor AP. 

Recently, our internet has been temporarily going out multiple times a day. We have AT&T fiber and the gateway status will turn solid red or will blink red or white. Sometimes it will fix itself and other times I will need to reset the modem. 

I had an AT&T tech out and he said the problem must be from the Ruckus switch because everything shows normal on his side and he even replaced the modem but the problem continued. I was skeptical of this answer because when the internet goes out, I still maintain connection to the ruckus network and the status lights remain green on the APs. However, I turned the switch off and used the gateway’s built in WiFi and have not had an internet interruption since 

I do need the switches and APs to have household coverage, however, so I am looking for anything I can do to troubleshoot this. 

thank you,

7 REPLIES 7

pinky_ruckus

Hi @bbradley01 ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you are facing issues while connecting to the Ruckus network.

Could you please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the cable connections to the Switch ports

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

image.jpg

 all lights are green. 

Hello @bbradley01 ,

Greetings!

Thank you for the response and sharing the pictures.

Upon checking the pictures, we understand that the light status of the switch and the connection between the ports on the switch seems to be normal.

To assist you further, we would need to check few configurations of the Ruckus Switch.

If your AP is assigned with a Public IP Address, may happen when your ISP (Internet Service Provider) router is IP Passthrough enabled. It has to be in a disabled state to avoid any issues with the connectivity. I suspect this may be the reason for the issue you are facing. Please login to your ISP router account and disable the same. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

If the IP passthrough is enabled, we would request you to please disable it and try connecting to the network.

If it is already disabled, please perform a factory reset on the Switch and this should work.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to hard reset the Switch

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

Hello @bbradley01 ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran