cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet doesn't work when connected to AP (Lennar Home)

chef_boy_r_G
New Contributor

Hello, 

My internet doesn't work when connected through the ruckus access point I set up. However, it does work when I use the ethernet cable directly from the ICX switch or router. My internet also works connecting directly to my router from the provider. 

All of the lights are green on the ICX switch and I have all ethernet cables plugged into 1 of the 12 ports. 

The lights are all green on the AP as well. 

This worked until I switched providers and I couldn't get it to work again. I'm not sure what changed. 

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

Hi, 

I'm having issues determining which IP address is for the switch. I do think I determined which it is by using the unleashed dashboard and was able to locate the IP address of the 2 access points and cross reference the mac address of the switch to the IP scanner. However, on the unleashed dashboard the Switch says that it's disconnected and I'm not able to access the switch dashboard when entering the IP address in the browser. 

I'm not sure what to do from this point. 

Thank you. 

Hello @chef_boy_r_G ,

Thank you for the response.

I understand that you are unable to see the IP address of the Switch on your Unleashed dashboard and also see that the Switch is disconnected.

Could you please confirm if there was any kind of power outage / power spike before this issue happened?

Also, please share the image of the status of the switch in the unleashed app as mentioned below.

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

There have been no power outages that I'm aware of. However, it has been more than a year that I wasn't able to use the AP/Switch for internet. 

The switch shows the IP address because I had put the IP address in the field not knowing I wouldn't be able to remove it. When I first went to this screen it was blank. Screenshot 2024-09-05 090917.png

Hello @chef_boy_r_G ,

Thank you for sharing the response.

From the below screenshot you shared, I understand that the Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR)

The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to fix the issue when the Switch is running in the Routing code.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

Please follow the process as explained in the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard. 

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

Hello @chef_boy_r_G ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran