cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent internet after brief power outage

heroppatel
New Contributor

I have one ICX 7150 and two AP's in my Lennar home. After power outage, we are not getting consistent internet. After troubleshooting, I have concluded that issue is with ICX switch. When I change incoming internet's ethernet connection from C1 to C2 and vice versa, internet issue seems to resolve for time being. After half a day to 1 day, issue comes back again and I have to everytime change the connection to get unintrupted internet within house. I am using AT&T fiber optics cable. No dropout issues observed directly from AT&T modem/router. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? 

I have read that after power outage, ICX sometime goes in router mode from switch mode and this would cause internet issues. If that's true, I need help to bring back ICX switch to it's factor default mode without any coding since I don't have coding experience. 

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @heroppatel 

OK, the COM #1 it's showing it's because it's detecting the cable, can you show me the device manager and the putty set up screenshot, now how you find the IP address did you used the application or another way.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

2022-11-21_21-16-05_1.gif2022-11-21_21-16-05.gif

Hi @heroppatel 

As last steps let's preform factory reset and test the access even with the IP address or the Console, please let me know the test results.

Factory reset steps:

1. Remove power from the switch.
  2. Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  3. After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.
When all the system LEDs blink green, all the configuration data are erased and the switch is returned to its factory configuration. When all the system LEDs are solid green, the erase process is complete and the system reloads. Once reloaded and the SYST LED is steady green, the factory reset is complete.

Ruckus ICX 7150/7650 -ERASE SYSTEM TO FACTORY DEFAULT WITH RESET BUTTON(Tutorial video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4&t=1s

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

I was able to perform factory reset. During factory reset, while connected to switch through USB-C switch, I was able to see prompts indicating system reboot but at the end of the reboot, I was not able to connect to the system. I have tried entering all combination of user name and passwords but nothing worked.

IMG_1252.jpgIMG_1256.jpg