cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150 Switch shows no connected device and Status as Pending

pkpatel2025
New Contributor

After the recent power outage .The ICX7150 Switch shows no connected device and Status as Pending.How to solve it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @pkpatel2025 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

This issue is because your switch is running on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. Due to a power outage/power spike, the Switch boots up on the other partition which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue.

As I can see from the output you shared, your Switch is booted up on the secondary partition which is running on Routing code (SPR) as highlighted in the below screenshot. 

Please Enter the below commands in CLI to fix this issue:

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

copy flash flash secondary 

boot system flash secondary yes 

Example: 

VIDEO LINK AS REFERENCEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eem1IBgYaWc

ICX7150-24P Router>enable (hit enter to accept the command) 
ICX7150-24P Router#copy flash flash secondary (hit enter to accept the command and wait: until the flash finished) 
ICX7150-24P Router#boot system flash secondary yes (hit enter to accept the command: the switch will reboot)

After this process, the issue should be fixed.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Imran_ruckus

Hi @pkpatel2025 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS setup is not working, after a power outage.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC).

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

1.I see all green lights
2.Yes ISP internet is working fine
3. 2 access point connected.

Ruckus.jpeg

Hi @pkpatel2025 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the light status of the Switch is in a normal state.

This issue may happen when the Switch runs on the Routing code (SPR). The Switch should run on the Switching code (SPS) to avoid these issues for Lennar home users. If the Switch boots up on the other partition (Due to a power outage/power spike) which may be running on a ‘Routing Code’ results in causing this issue. To check the same please follow the below process.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable 

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi