cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX7150-C12P is disconnected

smriti
New Contributor

switch.pngI am unable to connect to the switch in a lennar home. APs are working, switch is not showing as connected in the unleashed portal. 

Tried connecting through putty and mobaxterm but unable to connect..

Did an IP scanner and identified the IP with correct MAC address. But somehow unable to connect. I tried to connect directly to the laptop via the USB-C port, but unable to open either telnet/ssh/serial connection.

12 REPLIES 12

Imran_ruckus

Hi @smriti 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch is not connected to the unleashed system.

As you tried accessing CLI via Putty, could you please let me know the error you are getting when you put the IP Address into Putty and SSH?

Also, please let me know if you are able to access the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch via a web browser using its IP Address.

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please check the other IP Addresses from the IP scan results, by the name of Ruckus Wireless or Brocade Communications to confirm the IP address of the Switch and access the CLI.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi @smriti 

Greetings of the day!!!

Hope you are doing good.

Could you please update on the status of the issue? Please help me with the requested information.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hello Imran

Apologies for the delay in response. Switch is still not online. Today I did some troubleshooting and it is still in disconnected status. The ip scanner detects the switch correctly. Please see the attached screenshots for references. Also to add to the issue my internet connection from WLAN is getting really flaky nowadays. It disconnects connections to many devices in home occasionally (Like alexa devices, ring door bell, garage door controller etc). I assume this could be causing by the switch issue. I have a 1 GB fiber internet connection. I did some troubleshooting today and the switch is still showing disconnected. I could connect to switch web portal using IP. But to login it prompts for username and password. Same for SSH putty session as well. I don't know what is the username and password. I had to mention I did reset the switch today. Please see the attached screenshots for reference. Any prompt response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.1.jpeg4.png5.png6.png

Hi @smriti 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

Could you please try to log into the Putty using the Telnet option as described below?

Telnet – Port 23 

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version

show flash

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.