Did you mean: 

ICX Switch shows disconnected in Ruckus Dashboard

varadha2742
New Contributor

ICX Switch is Disconnected

MAC Address:
00:00:00:00:00:00
IP Address:
Failed to ping ICX 192.168.1.55. Suggest checking the network.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @varadha2742 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared. 

I see from the screenshot you shared, that the SSH is in the disabled state and we need to enable the same by performing some commands in the CLI of the Switch. Please refer to the below process to get CLI access.

Please follow the below steps

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please confirm once you get the CLI or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for sharing the details. I am able to get to the CLI. Please give steps to follow in CLI to enable SSH.

Hi @varadha2742 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Please execute the below commands in the Switch CLI to enable SSH, and your Switch should get connected to the Unleashed system.

ICX7150-C12-Switch>enable

ICX7150-C12-Switch#configure terminal

ICX7150-24P Switch(config)#crypto key generate

Please follow the above process and confirm if the SSH status is enabled from the ‘show ip ssh config’ command (refer to the below screenshot). Once it is confirmed, please check the Switch status on the Unleashed dashboard.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.