cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX Switch is pending to join"(ICX7150-C12)

Vectorfire
New Contributor

Lennar home, second owner trying to gain control of the setup in the home.

I have performed a factory reset of the one AP, and then rebooted the switch. I used the Unleashed app and setup typical install.

My only problem is that I am stuck at "ICX Switch is pending to join"(ICX7150-C12).

The original homeowner appears to have changed the default admin password on the switch, so I have no way to SSH in or administer it.

My question is, If I perform a factory reset of the ICX switch, will it simply work when it reboots?

As it is now, the switch is pulling an IP and my wired devices connected to the switch are able to have an IP and browse the internet. If I factory reset it, when it reboots, will it require all sorts of configuration to get working again, or will it just act as a dumb switch and function?

I am in no way qualified to do any crazy configuring, so I'm hesitant to ruin what is now, a semi-functioning network for the moment, simply to gain further control.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Vectorfire 

Thank you for your prompt response and for sharing the relevant information.

Regarding the troubleshooting steps outlined in the CLI article, I kindly request your assistance in attempting to access the command-line interface (CLI) using the Telnet option as specified. It's worth noting that Telnet authentication does not necessitate a username or password.

Should Telnet connectivity fail, I recommend initiating a factory reset on the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch, following the instructions provided in the linked video. Once the reset procedure is completed, please attempt to log in once more using the default credentials provided below.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4

Use the default credentials after hard reset outlined below:

Username: super
Password: sp-admin

Should the aforementioned credentials prove ineffective, please consider trying the alternative default credential combinations provided.

Please do not hesitate to reach out should you require further clarification or assistance with this matter.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best Regards,

Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

The previous owner appears to have disabled Telnet, attempts to connect simply time out.

I am working for the day and need internet, so I will perform the factory reset of the switch this afternoon after 5pm EST US.

My only question as before is will the switch work once its been factory reset, or will it require configuration?

Hell @Vectorfire 

Warm greetings! 

Thank you for your prompt response and the provided update.

It seems necessary to verify the command outputs I previously shared to determine if any adjustments are required in the Switch configurations. Following a factory reset, the Switch reverts to its default state, facilitating access to the Command Line Interface (CLI) using default credentials.

For instructions on performing a physical factory reset of the RUCKUS Switch, please refer to the RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge Base self-help article provided below:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Process-for-performing-a-phy...

Should you have any inquiries regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Once again, thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

I am unable to reset the switch.

Followed the instructions, I removed the power cable, held the reset switch, and then plugging it back and held reset 15-20 seconds.The yellow lights did not flash and generally it did nothing,

Gave t a couple of goes, no dice.

Hi @Vectorfire 

Greetings!

Thank you for your response and the provided update.

The only remaining option is to obtain console access to the Switch.

Please find a comprehensive guide detailing how to access the Switch via console (by establishing a cable connection between your PC and the ICX 7150-C12P). For this purpose, you will need either a USB type C to USB standard cable OR a Console cable Rj45 to USB (either cable will suffice; please refer to the guide for further instructions):

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Upon successfully establishing console access, kindly assist me by executing the following commands:

enable
show version
show flash

Should you have any inquiries or require further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.