cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-c12p console stuck in flying by

RJH
New Contributor

Ruckus 7150-c12p when I connect to the console via putty, the consult flys fly and I am unable to enter anything.  it is stuck in a mode where it seems to auto enter, I have attempted to factory reset the device with the same issues occurring.  

10 REPLIES 10

RJH
New Contributor

I would like to RMA this device.  

Hi @RJH 

Greetings of the day,

Please give the detailed description of the issue. Also please let us know the LED status of the switch and the access points using the below guide.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

RUCKUS LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/icx7150-installguide/page/GUID-973C8AE8-837A-41C7-9811-BAEF6ADEF3D...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

RJH
New Contributor

@jayavidhya

The access points are not the issue.  They operate fine.  They start up fine.  The issue is the switch itself.  The switch turns itself off and we are unable to do anything in the console since it is stuck in an almost runaway state where the command line auto enters thousands and thousands of times making it unusuable.  The switch automatically reboots every 10 to 20 minutes.  This is pointing to a defective switch. 

We cant update the firmware or software if the console wont allow us to enter anything. It has been factory reset with the same results.  This makes zero difference as it isnt a software issues, this is a hardware issue. 

The lights appear normal.  This device needs to be RMAd

Hi @RJH 

For the detailed understanding of the issue we need to know the LED status of the switch and the access points.

Also please share the image of the switch and the access points showing the LED status and the cable connections.

Here is where you can upload the image/photo :

you can also drag it to the chat

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community