cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-c12p console stuck in flying by

RJH
New Contributor

Ruckus 7150-c12p when I connect to the console via putty, the consult flys fly and I am unable to enter anything.  it is stuck in a mode where it seems to auto enter, I have attempted to factory reset the device with the same issues occurring.  

10 REPLIES 10

RJH
New Contributor

Jayavidhya, 

As I have already stated, The LED lights show as normal; this does not correct the issues we are encountering with the switch, this issue is completely irrelevant to the Wireless access points.  I have uploaded pictures as requested; this, however, does not even remotely address the fact that this unit is turning itself off randomly and why the console is completely unusable.  This is not related to the access points in any shape or form; this is an issue with the switch.  I have seen the access points work fine on their own.  This is pointing to a likely underlying hardware issue since this is continually rebooting, I have attempted to factory reset this and am stuck in exactly the same spot even after doing that.  We cannot change the firmware or software since the console is not able to be used.  

For your reference, I am an IT professional with 17 years of experience working on this type of hardware. I am not your typical home user who does not know how to troubleshoot and repair network equipment.   20230808_092511 (1).jpg20230808_092809 (1).jpg

Hi @RJH 

We cannot replace the chassis until you confirm that the hardware or software got damaged.

Please follow the below link carefully on how to console access the switch.

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Also please share the screenshot of the error you are getting while following the steps.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

RJH
New Contributor

I have attempted to access the console, and as I have stated, as soon as the unit boots, the console goes into a runaway mode where we cannot enter anything into the console.  After around 10-20 minutes, the unit then reboots and sends itself back into the same cycle.  There is no error that I can see as everything is flying by faster than we can read in Putty.  

I have already attempted to reboot the device hard, factory reset the device and do everything that I have found on this forum.  I need to get this device replaced since the console is unusable.  

Hi @RJH 

Thanks for your response.

Based on the troubleshooting done, seems that the switch is not responding  this unit should be RMA (return merchandise authorization) in simple words replace it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL) and paste it into the chat to start unit replacement.

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

RJH
New Contributor

I submitted the info you requested, what is the status on this?  

I need to get this switch to be exchanged on RMA.  

Thanks