cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX-7150-C12P

LowCoBuck
New Contributor

I recently purchased a home that came with the Lennar Smart home automation system. The home was built in 2020 and i'm the 3rd owner. The default WiFi Name shown on the Smart Panel is not being broadcast, i.e. not an available network when i search with my devices, so i'm assuming the original owner changed it. Unfortunately, they are not available to ask what the network name is (and password) nor does the 2nd owner i bought the home from know what it is. I'm assuming I'll need to reset the network but would like to confirm that this is the way to go. Any guidance is most appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Imran
Good news! I was able to get the network running again. It was a simple fix: The ISP installer used an incorrect port to connect the router/modem combination unit to the ICX -7150-C12P. He used the Out-of-band management port (#13 in one of the diagrams you sent) instead of one of the twelve ports used for the router and Access Points. I used one of the twelve ports then the default Lennar WiFi network was available and the password worked.

On two of the three R510 Access Points, I did have to unplug then plug-in the cable to reboot those devices. Based on the LED lights, all three access points now seem to be working properly. If i understand how the indicator lights work, when a device is connected to an Access Point either the 5G or 2.4G light will change from amber color to green. The 5G light went to green on my units. Does that sound correct?

I’ve seen some posts on the message boards about updating the R510 firmware. I’m assuming it’s been a long time since that was last done, if at all, since the access points were originally installed in 2020. Can you send me instructions for how to do that?

I want to thank you for your quick and clear responses with my questions and helping me get my network operating!

Thanks again,
Brian

Hi @LowCoBuck 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Great! Good to know that the network is up and running.

Yes! You are correct about the light status of the Access Points.

The Access Points (AP) are mainly used to extend our wireless network connectivity range (Ex: Different floors, outdoors, rooms far from ISP Router, etc.,) for wirelessly connecting devices.

Here is the meaning of each light on the Wireless Access Point so you can use it as a reference.

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.14-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

Yellows light 2.4G: The radio is up, no clients are connected to the 2.4 GHz radio.
Yellows light 5G: The Radio is up, no clients are connected to the 5 GHz radio.

So, if there is a device (iPhone) that is using the 5G radio, the light on the Access Point will be turning green on the 5G radio indicating that there is a client/device using that radio (5G)

More details for the radio 2.4G and 5G

A 2.4 GHz connection travels farther at lower speeds, while 5 GHz frequencies provide faster speeds at shorter ranges. That depends on whether to use 5g or 2.4G will depend on the end device (such as phones/pc/ring door/Mac devices/iPhone) They choose whether to use 2.4g or 5g auto. It will also depend on the network (Wi-Fi / SSID / WLAN) configuration if it is 2.4 or 5G only.

A lot of electronic devices and appliances use the 2.4 GHz frequency, including microwaves, baby monitors, security cameras, garage door openers, and phones.

As you need guidance on upgrading your RUCKUS R510 Access Points, please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help guide explaining the AP Upgrade process.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Upgrade-process-of-the-RUCKU...

Please perform the AP upgrade and let me know if you need assistance at any point during the process.

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hi @LowCoBuck 

Greetings! I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue or if you need any other assistance.

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community