cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12P not booting after power unplug

jolee139
New Contributor

Hi,

SYST is amber and PWR is green after replugging the power cord.

I followed the guide: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-perform-a-Software-re...

But, the image and boot files would not load (Loading: T T T T ...) when I try update_primary and update_uboot. I'm able to ping to TFTP, and it works fine when I execute TFTP get command locally. I opened Windows firewall for UDP 69 and all ports, but still not working. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Yarenis

Hi @jolee139 

Thank you for the details provided, Please try a factory reset if the issue persisted, perform the software recovery, but disable the firewall first, if still not working please provide the logs of the error while you try the software recovery. (all logs, copy and paste them here)

Factory reset steps:

1. Remove power from the switch.
  2. Press and hold the Reset button while applying power to the switch.
  3. After all the system LEDs flash amber, release the Reset button.
When all the system LEDs blink green, all the configuration data are erased and the switch is returned to its factory configuration. When all the system LEDs are solid green, the erase process is complete and the system reloads. Once reloaded and the SYST LED is steady green, the factory reset is complete.

Ruckus ICX 7150/7650 -ERASE SYSTEM TO FACTORY DEFAULT WITH RESET BUTTON(Tutorial video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jHMTdo_hK4&t=1s

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

Hi Yarenis,

Factory reset did not work, all lights stayed as amber throughout the night.

Instead of opening the firewall ports individually, I turned off the whole Windows Firewall, and then everything worked.

My switch is back online, and all WAPs have the power now. Thank you!

I used SPS08090k.bin per guide, but this seems old, which version do you recommend for upgrade? Or is it safe to keep the current version?

Hi @jolee139 

Great to hear that ! 

You can upgrade  the Switch to the base version '8095g' that is the recommend from the website.base.PNG

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez