cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICX 7150-C12 Failed to Ping

leonox
New Contributor II

Good day.

I have an ICX 7150-C12 that should be viewable in unleashed. Unleashed sees the switch enough to auto populate its info (MAC, IP, Model/Name), but is unable to complete the connection. It only shows failed to ping ICX [IP ADDRESS]. Suggest checking network.

I have reset the switch multiple times, upgraded the firmware, and tried everything I could find online before resetting once again. I am able to ping the IP through windows cmd.

Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

Vásquez_Fer

Hi @leonox 

Hope you are doing well!

I would like to know if you are Lennar home user , since some times the switch is running  routing  code (SPR08095d) (L3) and for this type of setups and configuration , it has some troubles for the connectivity for home users.

As I can see you are having troubles adding the ICX to the unleashed dhabsoard, I will share with you some guides to follow up

1-Made sure that the ICX is in the same subnet as the APs  run a

ICX7150-48P #show ip address

2-Unleashed side:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.9-onlinehelp/page/GUID-A887C55E-6973-4496-9413-302E8...

3-ICX configuration and steps:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.8-onlinehelp/page/GUID-A446EC1D-FC2C-4546-BE26-FDE4C...

4-Please ping the ICX from the unleashed dashboard I believe is in 

Admin & Services > Administer >Diagnostics> Network Connectivity page.  

Some tips I can give you is to run the following commands:

ICX7150-48P (config)#Crypto key generate

Example:

ICX7150-48P (config)#Username admin password admin

ICX7150-48P (config)#aaa authentication login default local

Then in the unleashed dashboard you have to go to switches and use the same credentials you ran as the example admin/admin

I hope this helps !!

@Vásquez_Fer wrote:    I would like to know if you are Lennar home user, since some times the switch is running  routing  code (SPR08095d) (L3) and for this type of setups and configuration , it has some troubles for the connectivity for home users.

THIS!  Thank you so much for mentioning this.  I was unable to find my issue until I saw your comment and installed SPS firmware code without (L3) features, and it works perfectly. 

For anyone looking, symptoms were that the Unleashed device could not ping the Ruckus Switch, and the Ruckus Switch could not ping anything on its own subnet.   Installing the SPS firmware did the trick - thank you so much!  

Hi @smittyva 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the feedback and the information on this issue.

Great!!! Good to know that the issue is now resolved. 

Thank you again for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community and feel free to contact us for future queries.

Have a great day ahead!!!

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I'm having the same issue, and your second link is broken.