cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust speed ICX 7150 C12p to 1 gig

Mowerfam0228
New Contributor

Hello,

I have recently upgraded my internet service from 500mb to 1 gig and want to know if I need to make an adjustment to a setting to allow for my Ruckus switch and APs to utilize the increase speed?  Running a Speed Flex test through the Unleashed app my DL speed to client is only seeing  260mb and upload speed is around 100mb which seems rather low.

When I run an AP to AP test my DL speed is showing 240mb and upload is 250mb.

Please provide support needed to increase my entire network speed from 500mb to 1 gig.

Thanks,

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4

BenBeck

Hey @Mowerfam0228 

Speaking from wired side, there should not be any needed change. The limiting factor here is likely the wireless nic of your end clients. All the ports on the switch itself are 1Gb+, so that should not be limiting anything. The proper speedtest would be to connect a client wired and then run your test. Many wireless clients simply cannot handle 1Gbps. Can you confirm if you are a Lennar customer or what APs you have?

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Yes, I am a Lennar customer and we have two r510 APs.  

Thanks. I do not believe R510 will be able to do full 1Gbps. My expertise is on the wired (ICX) side of the business, but a quick look at the product page shows 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 867Mbps on the 5GHz band. I will go ahead and move this thread to the Lennar support team. Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have. 

Ben Beck, RCNA, RCNI, Principal Technical Support Engineer
support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Hi Mowerfam0228

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Apologies for the delayed response on this.

From the case description, I could understand that you are unable to achieve increased speed from your RUCKUS-7150-C12P Switch.

In order to check the speed transferred by the switch ports, first we have to get access to the switch, and there are Two ways to get access to the switch.

1.  By IP Address of the Switch OR
  2.  By Console Access to the Switch

1. By IP address: To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

1. To check the speed transmitted from the Switch to the Access Point: There are Two ways:

I)  Please perform the below commands from the CLI of the Switch and share the output of each command-

enable

show version

show inline power 
show interface brief- (Refer to the below picture)

Imran_ruckus_4-1677167766553.pngOR

II) Please share the Screenshots from the Unleashed dashboard as shown in the below picture:

Imran_ruckus_5-1677167766556.png

Imran_ruckus_6-1677167766558.png

1. By Console access: If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please perform the same commands and share the output of each command that are on point '2'

--------

Also, you could create a separate 5G network from your Access Point and check the speed to avoid any Wireless interference with 2.4. Please refer to the below link and screenshot.

Creating a New Wireless WLAN (SSID):

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

Imran_ruckus_7-1677167766561.jpeg

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.