cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web GUI.

Yarenis

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web Gui.

Symptoms: 

Websites not loading
Devices getting disconnected or having problems working as intended.
Network dropping at random points in time.
Smart devices not being able to connect to the internet.
Unleashed dashboard sometimes as “Disconnected” on the Internet tab.

Note: This can happen after a power outage, causing that your Switch start booting from the incorrect partition.

The ICX7150 switch has two partitions, the primary partition will be the switching code (SPS) and the secondary partition will be the routing code (SPR); however, for an installation in a Lennar house the SPS or switching code is the one required.

1: Find the IP address of the ICX7150 Switch

If you have access to the Unleashed control panel it may appear under the Switches TAP, here you can see that the IP address of the Switch will be 192.168.1.3, of course this will change.

Yarenis_0-1668027966075.png

If it is not shown, or you do not have access to the Unleashed control panel, please follow the following guide to find the IP address of the Switch the name may look like ICX7150-C12-router, normally the name should be switch, but we have the problem about the routing code, making the Switch boot from the routing partition(secondary).

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2: Now that you know the IP address of the Switch, in my case my IP address is 10.176.192.100, search for that IP address in the URL bar of your Web browser:

Yarenis_1-1668027966080.png

Hit login and the credentials must be

User: super

Password: sp-admin

Or test the combination

Usernames:           Passwords:

admin                    sp-admin

super                     Lennar

lennar

ruckus

Ruckus!

Ruckus1

admin

password

Yarenis_2-1668027966083.png

3: Now that you have access to the Switch, let's check what you have in flash, and from which code your Switch is booting.

A:Check what you have in the flash:

click on Monitor on the left > Flash > Flash Information

Yarenis_0-1668442573391.png

B:Check from which partition are you booting:

click on Monitor on the left >device

Yarenis_0-1668453690794.png

Note:Your primary flash code will start with SPS (switching code) and the secondary with SPR (routing code), in the next step we are going to boot from the partition that has the code starting with SPS, which must be primary, however this can change, also as you can see in my example, my secondary partition have the code SPR08095 and in the second screenshot it displayed I am booting from the code SPR08095, so I am booting from the secondary partition with the routing code SPR.

4: Let's fix the issue, please follow the following steps to fix the issue, forcing the Switch to boot from the primary partition containing the SPS (switching code).

Configure left>System>Boot sequence>Select primary flash >ADD>Save>yes

When it comes back this time, the Switch should boot from its primary partitions.

Yarenis_0-1668209064262.png

Note: if you got an error message that Boot sequence already exists., hit delete first and follow up the steps back.

-Now let’s complete the process by reloading the Switch:

Command>Reload>yes

Yarenis_1-1668209085497.png

Note: for more information how to manage the Switch via Web Gui, check the next guide:

Getting Started with the GUI

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/fastiron-08030-webguide/page/GUID-C76459DF-BB1F-4A86-8684-73A1E86D...

0 REPLIES 0