cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Gain Access To My Access Point For Updates

onptl7095
New Contributor

Mid May 2023, I had issues with my switch after a power surge. I was able to get everything running after I got help from a neighbor of mine. I am not computer savvy!

How do I gain access to my switch and access point to be sure they are getting updated regularly? My access point is a Ruckus Unleashed R510. I have the app downloaded and at one point I was able to view the access point, but not any longer. I have the user name and password correct. It says when I try to access the access point that I am not connected to the network, but that too is incorrect as I see that I am in fact connected to the network that the switch is assigned. Please help! Pictures are helpful!

4 REPLIES 4

Imran_ruckus

Hi @onptl7095 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared.

As per the case description, I could understand that your Unleashed App is not working.

If you haven’t tried Accessing Unleashed on a web browser via IP address of the Access Points, could you please try to find the IP address of the Access Point and try to check it on a browser? Please refer to the below guide to find the IP address.

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

You should see the below Unleashed dashboard after finding the IP Address of the AP. Try to log in

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I was able to get logged in on my laptop, but still cannot get logged in on the app. I tried deleting the app from my iPhone and reinstalling the app, and still no connection. It says that I am not connected to the Unleashed network. I go to settings, I have allow Unleashed to access location while using, local network, background app refresh, and cellular data all checked. When I check to see what WiFi network I am on it clearly states my network that the Rockus Unleashed is named and connected. How can I get the app to work. Any additional help?

onptl7095
New Contributor

I was able to get logged in on my laptop, but still cannot get logged in on the app. I tried deleting the app from my iPhone and reinstalling the app, and still no connection. It says that I am not connected to the Unleashed network. I go to settings, I have allow Unleashed to access location while using, local network, background app refresh, and cellular data all checked. When I check to see what WiFi network I am on it clearly states my network that the Rockus Unleashed is named and connected. How can I get the app to work. Any additional help?

Hi @onptl7095 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for the response and the update.

Once you find and can log in via the IP Address of the Unleashed Master Access Point, please try the below steps.

1. Make sure you are connected to the RUCKUS Access Point Wi-Fi Network.

2. Click on ‘change login destination’. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

3. Put your Unleashed MASTER Access Point IP Address as ‘Destination IP’ and save it. (Please refer to the below screenshot and 0.0.0.0 is just an example)

4. Now try to log in to Unleashed App using your credentials.

Please check and confirm.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards, 

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.