cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please just bought home(lennar) from previous owners. At&T and Ruckus slow after 1 day of conne

Dalushun
New Contributor

Purchased home from previous owners. Had no idea we had the ruckus box until my very techy smart home installer brother came and got all excited about it. He hadn't worked with ruckus but was able to set it up for us. It worker great, internet was great for 1 day. Now very sluggish. Keep in mind I have no app or anything he did it all without using an app (via laptop). Do we need to download a ruckus app? And what do I need to do to get support,? We worked from home need good internet. My brother isn't familiar with ruckus and isn't able to come help me for a while. Please help

20 REPLIES 20

Dalushun
New Contributor

I saw someone say something about it connecting to the routing instead of the switch? I have absolutely no idea about any of this. I want it to work because it's already in my house but if not ill have to spend an extra 20 per month on at&t extenders and have even more equipment in my home. Please help us we work from home, need reliable internet and it's not good at all 

Hi @Dalushun

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS Internet setup is slow after a day.

Could you please let us know?

1. Was there any Power outage just before you started facing this issue?

2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

The at&t is stable (but definitely not great which is why my brother says i should use ruckus (being its already here). Saturday my brother came over and saw it, like I mentioned he did his best having no ruckus experience but when he left the 2 access points were lit up and working and internet was great. Until about 1 day later when it's very sluggish now. I just went to take a photo of the 2 access points and I see the 2nd one (downstairs) Is no longer lit up (makes sense why it's not working well I guess?). So please see screenshot of panel with ruckus router, and both ap one upstairs (lit up) and downstairs (not lit up). Please also note I have no idea what my brother did but I do know he set it up from a laptop not the app. I downloaded the app today but I can't login no matter what admin default passwords I use. Please help, we both work from home and paying for at&t, having the ruckus (2 aps) I was really hopeful to have good internet. Thanks in advance!

20230320_133948.jpg 

20230320_134023.jpg 

20230320_134045.jpg 

20230320_134045.jpg

20230320_133948.jpg

20230320_134023.jpg