cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Power outage caused my Ruckus Switch to become slow and shut off intermittently

Mengsterv
New Contributor

I have a Lennar home, had a recent power outage and now my internet on my ruckus switch WiFi network will cut out intermittently and or stop working. If I connect to my Internet provider modem, it works perfectly fine. I’ve searched online and have moved my Ethernet port from its  original location on my ruckus to the one of the other ruckus ports on the back. It will work for a day and then revert back. It continues this cycle daily whenever I keep moving the Ethernet cord to another port. I’m getting fed up with it. Can someone please help me figure out what’s happening and if my switch is timing out or what?

7 REPLIES 7

Sgatjens

Hi @Mengsterv 

Thank you for providing the information.

Based on it, it appears that you are encountering an issue with the incorrect code in the ICX.

Please review the following articles for more information and guidance on resolving this problem:

Fixing RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch Routing Code (SPR) issue using Command Line Interface (CLI)

Title: Fixing RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Routing Code (SPR) issue using Web User Interface/GUI

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

I’ve tried accessing the IP addresses but the only Ruckus items showing up are for my 2 IPs. When I log into the unleashed dashboard, the switched shows total 0 working 0 (highlighted blue) and disconnected 0. 

is the switch supposed to be there?

Hi @Mengsterv 

If you can not find the IP address of your  ICX7150 Ruckus switch, you can also try accessing it via console, please check this guide  How to console in the ICX-7150-12CP 'Ruckus Switch

Could you please also share a screenshot of the switch in your unleashed dashboard?

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Kind regards,

Sofia Gätjens

IMG_6136.jpeg

I had followed some steps and screwed up. I copy flashed the secondary to the primary…is there any way to fix this? I originally had SPS in the primary and SPR in the secondary and meant to do it the other way around.