cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartbeat loss, regular AP reset

jwill8
New Contributor

My ICX-7150 is likely the cause, but my three APs keep dropping at regular times throughout the day and night. A sample of my logs are below but restarting the switch is not helping. I recently ran the update on the on switch and started noticing the problem. This has been going on for a couple months now.

AP Log:

Jan 10 14:09:52 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Basement Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [38893] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 10 14:09:58 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Upstairs Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [38910] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 10 14:10:14 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Main Floor Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [38924] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 11 02:10:15 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Basement Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [82115] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 11 02:10:18 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Upstairs Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [82131] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 11 02:10:21 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Main Floor Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [82131] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 11 14:10:06 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Basement Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [125306] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 11 14:10:08 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Upstairs Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [125320] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 11 14:10:29 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Main Floor Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [125339] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 12 02:10:31 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Basement Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [168531] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 12 02:10:35 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Upstairs Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [168547] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]
Jan 12 02:10:35 Main Floor Ruckus AP syslog: eventd_to_syslog():AP[Main Floor Ruckus AP@xx.xx.xx.xx.xx] joins with uptime [168544] s and last disconnected reason [Heartbeat Loss]

1 REPLY 1

Imran_ruckus

Hi @jwill8 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS access points are dropping with a heartbeat loss error.

We may need to factory reset your Access Points. Please refer to the below ‘Lennar Knowledge Base’ self-help guide for the same.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Factory-reset-process-of-the...

Please follow the above process and let me know if you need any help during the process.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.