cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got disconnected and connection disappeared during firmware update.

JMOCANA
New Contributor

During update of unleashed firmware my internet connection disappeared, the extender router started showing amber light on 5G and 2.4

70 REPLIES 70

JMOCANA
New Contributor

I got this message in terminal:

ICX7150-C12 Switch#show sysinfo
Invalid input -> sysinfo
Type ? for a list
ICX7150-C12 Switch#

JMOCANA
New Contributor

One additional thing, the IP address associated with the MAC AP address, it did responded when it was pinged, by sending and receiving the same amount of packets (64 each way).

Hi @JMOCANA 

Please confirm what radio the clients are using in the unleashed dashboard.

R510 LED lights

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-19D4261B-D10B-4DE3-B63A-3498...

Expand the Clients section on the Dashboard>move the bar to the left >Radio Band

5G=802.11ac

2.4=802.11B/G/N

Yarenis_3-1672264134135.png

Also check the radio set up for the SSID/Wi-Fi ID

wireless network>choose the SSID> Edit > Advanced Options > Radio Control tab

Guide:

https://docs.commscope.com/bundle/unleashed-200.12-onlinehelp/page/GUID-99ECE1DB-1459-437A-ADF3-DF7E...

Yarenis_2-1672264011140.png

Yarenis_1-1672263855006.png

Best regards,

Jayavidhya

Lennar Home Community

JMOCANA
New Contributor

Lights:

• 2.4 = Amber
  • 5    = Amber

I can't access unleashed dashboard, so I was not able to follow your ratio recommendations. The "show sysinfo" command did not work (Invalid input). 

JMOCANA
New Contributor

I reset the AP by pressing the rest button located in the back of the R510, then I  connected my computer directly to the access point with an ethernet cable, I wrote done in the address bar the IP address of the AP, which took me to the unleashed portal asking for the name and PW, which I used super and sp-admin (as PW), and the rest of the recommended logins - which none worked. Part of the original problem has been the fact that the SSID disappeared when this problem started (after downloading the the firmware). Therefore, my access point still non-operational. Current lights: 

- PWR: Green

- CLT: NO light

- Air: NO light

- 2.4G: Amber

- 5G: Amber

Is evidently that the switch is working, but the nor the access point. By aal means I am no IT expert, but it is evidently that the AP was corrupted during the attempt of the firmware update. During the initial 3 weeks, with your help, we were able to get access (via terminal) to the switch and to update the software to the 8095g Version, change the PW of the switch, we were able to find the right IP of the AP, the computer does have internet when connected directly to the AP. But I am still unable to make the AP work, or to access the unleashed site, no matter how many times I have reset the AP, and no a been able to configure unleashed also no matter how many times the AP has been reset. The lights, still the same after reset, no matter how many times has been reset the AP.

1. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem? if Not, can  you send be a AP R512 replacement? Also, if is not possible to send me a replacement, what other AP brands are compatible with the Ruckus switch.