cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to ping ICX 192.168.1.35. Suggest checking the network. ICX switch is disconnected

omprakash_thams
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am seeing my switch  status is disconnected with message Failed to ping ICX 192.168.1.35. Suggest checking the network.

I am able to connect to APs on my windows laptop and get the internet but whereas not working on my Apple devices (macbook, iphone, ipads )

Does anyone has any idea? How I can resolve this?

I had this issue last time and Lennar team replaced the switch to work. But the issue come back again. 

Thanks,

Om

8 REPLIES 8

@vineet_nejawala Here is the case number 01228351

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Omprakash,

Please make sure that your ICX switch has switch image on both the flash partitions.

If one partition has router image and other has switch, system may boot up with router image after a power outage and then there will be a lot of issues.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer Could you please guide me how I can take ICX switch has switch image on both the flash partitions ?

1. Run below command to check what code you have on both flash partitions.

show flash

2. Check if one of the images are router and also check which from which image switch is booted last time. Make sure you first boot with switch image, if currently switch is on router code.

3. If need to boot from switch image, find out which partision had switch image and run below command.

boot system flash [primary | secondary]

4. To copy from primary to secondary run below command.

copy flash flash secondary

5. To copy from secondary to primary, run below command.

copy flash flash primary

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn