cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing Significant Latency with R510 APs

ajayan88
New Contributor

I am currently experiencing significant latency with my R510 APs. I have diagnosed the issue with my internet to be stemming from these APs. I have tried connecting directly to my router and have triage the router (Netgear C7800) with Netgear directly and am seeing improved connectivity and no latency - however when connecting to my AP network, while the network shows fast speeds - I am seeing significant lag before webpages or apps are refreshed. Can someone help me? 

11 REPLIES 11

Hi ajayan88

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

From the description, I could understand that you are getting lower speeds from APs that are connected to the ICX-7150-C12P Switch.

We suggest you confirm the speed transmitted by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). You could check the ISP connectivity from the Router, maybe with Local Router Wi-Fi or by an Ethernet cable from the Router a laptop, or a PC. (Please refer to the below pictures). Please compare the speed tests from the ISP Router and from the Switch. And also, please share the screenshots of both results.

Imran_ruckus_0-1677527432943.png

Before uploading the photos please login to the RUCKUS account then you can upload the image.

Imran_ruckus_1-1677527432948.jpeg

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hello Imran,

I don't unfortunately have a ethernet to USB C adapter. I did however run a couple of wireless tests here. I ran a speed test from my iOS device the same distance away in a couple of configurations.

1. Connected to AP Mesh Network (90MBPS)

2. Connected to Router (in wiring closet) 2.4GHz Network (~12MPBS)

3. Connected to Router (in wiring closet) 5GHz Network (300+MBPS)

IMG_0467.PNGIMG_0466.PNGIMG_0465.PNG

Hi ajayan88

Thank you for the response and information you shared.

Now, we will check the speed transmitted from the Switch ports.

In order to check the speed transferred by the switch ports, first we have to get access to the switch, and there are Two ways to get access to the switch.

1.  By IP Address of the Switch - OR
  2.  By Console Access to the Switch

1. By IP address: To fix this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router>

1. To check the speed transmitted from the Switch to the Access Point: There are Two ways:

I)  Please perform the below commands from the CLI of the Switch and share the output of each command-

enable

show version

show inline power 
show interface brief- (Refer to the below picture)

Imran_ruckus_4-1677538625137.png

OR

II) Please share the Screenshots from the Unleashed dashboard as shown in the below picture:

Imran_ruckus_5-1677538625142.png

Imran_ruckus_6-1677538625143.png

1. By Console access: If access via IP address is not possible here is a guide on how to access to the Switch via console (cable access between your PC to the ICX 7150-C12P) in this case we need a USB type C to USB standard or Console cable Rj45 to USB. 

How to console in the ICX-7150-C12P

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-console-in-the-ICX-71...

Once you are logged in to the ICX-7150-C12P please perform the same commands and share the output of each command that is on point '2'

--------

And, you could create a separate 5G network from your Access Point from Unleashed and check the speed to avoid any Wireless interference with 2.4. Please refer to the below link and screenshot.

Creating a New Wireless WLAN (SSID):

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Creating-a-New-Wireless-WLAN...

Imran_ruckus_7-1677538625149.jpeg

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hello Imran,

Here are the responses. Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.46.10 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.45.14 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-27 at 9.44.47 PM.png

I have also done the 5G only network to avoid interference. This is the speed I am getting in the same location when tethered to this SSID.IMG_06413229A5AE-1.jpeg