cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet issue with some sites/apps

david_white
New Contributor II

Some websites & apps (like discord) not working through ethernet.  If I reset the Ruckus switch/WAP, the ethernet & apps work fine until it comes back from reset.  then, it doesn't work again.  Happening on multiple PC's.

Very strange issue, other sites like youtube, yahoo, google, etc work just fine.  have factory reset the Ruckus and the AT&T gateway.  Set the wireless back up and still have same issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

david_white
New Contributor II

created ticket and problem resolved.  Power outage followed by device booting as a router instead of switch.  Tech loaded switch image and everything works fine again.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

david_white
New Contributor II

created ticket and problem resolved.  Power outage followed by device booting as a router instead of switch.  Tech loaded switch image and everything works fine again.

So, it was the same issue as we were thinking.

Glad to know it is fixed!

Since we have seen at least 4 different forum members facing the same issue, we will document it on a KBA and will share here (and on other threads) so that forum members can fix it by themselves.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

How did you load the the switch image to get it resolved?

I didn't, the Tech took care of it.  Would need Syamantak or some other Ruckus tech to answer your question.

Hi @aaron_williams ,

You need to check what is the current boot image used by your switch.

Sometimes, due to power outage, SW may reboot and load the second boot image. So if second boot image is router and first is switch, code will not behave the same way as it should, when booted with router code.

To permanently fix the issue, make sure both the boot image in switch has switch code, not router.

Refer below online help which has command to check and load the switch with desired boot image.

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/fastiron/08.0.50/fastiron-08050-commandref/GUID-9B008914-403A-4FE1-84...

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn