cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device stuck in router mode

skj
New Contributor

I reached out to Ruckus Lennar Support before November when I had a chance to speak to a customer support rep via phone and email. During the original call, the I was informed that our device was "stuck in router mode" and the easiest fix would be request a new device as ours was still covered under warranty. Doing so would just require switching out the devices and shipping the original back. The other option was to get online via TeamViewer with a rep so they can do a manual fix - this was not an option at the time since I didn’t have access to a non-Apple laptop according to the rep. Now that neither of those are an option, (1) does this mean our warranty is no longer honored? and (2) how can I fix my device to switch out of router mode? We’ve had this issue for over a while now and as someone who works fully remote, it has been a big problem. I would appreciate a quick fix. 

26 REPLIES 26

please see my next comment i have posted over two weeks ago. 

Hi @skj 

If the console connection is not being detected, please share a picture while the Switch is connected to the computer with the USB type C cable and the COM or serial connection while it is not being detected.

Note: my coworker has requested the picture of the connections as well, because if the connection has not defected, we need to confirm in case an RMA needs to be approved, this is why he did not respond if the information requested was not provided

Yarenis_0-1672078770328.png

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

skj
New Contributor

I will attempt to do that now. 

As you also can see I was unsure what the mod meant by "Please sent us a screenshot , where to make sure is the Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P" as that is a sentence that makes no sense.

Hi @skj 

Understand, please if the connection still undetected, kindly share that picture showing the COM connection in the computer device manger tap, and the connection between the computer and the Switch using the USB type C cable.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community

skj
New Contributor

This is how far I am able to get to via console connection.

It will not let me enter anything for the password line.

image.png

If this is not the screenshot you are needing from me you will have to be more clear on what it is that you need me to send a photo of.