cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections

rgkst2
New Contributor

Recently moved into a Lennar home with two Ruckus APs. I currently have a network setup through Ruckus APs (very unreliable) and a network through my ISPs modem/router (reliable). When trying to use the Ruckus Network (preferred) I experience quite a few issues.

1. Apps on my phone (including pool maintenance software app) do not function or connect.

2. While on work calls/meetings, my VPN/network will continuously interrupt/disconnect (Roughly every 3-5 mins). Making it unusable.

I've had nothing but issues with the Ruckus equipment since moving in (especially after a power outage).

Very little experience in APs/Networks any help is appreciated to diagnose and fix these issues.

20 REPLIES 20

Vineet_nejwala

Hi @rgkst2

Can you please check below few steps that might be helpful to isolate issue :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITertSZJ5ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ix6RLPbU8

Best Regards

Vineet

Thank you Vineet,

1. Laptop - When connected to my VPN, I am unable to access the remote management page via my IP address. When already accessed, and connecting to my VPN after, all Clients are disconnected from the Ruckus Unleashed network.

1B. After disconnecting from the VPN, I was able to run the troubleshooting tool to mixed results. I'm not familiar what most of that means. Is there a way to share the logs?

2. On the mobile app, when logging into Manage you Network, I receive the error "Unable to reach Unleashed Network remotely. Ensure this Unleashed Network has internet connection and Remote Management is Enabled."

Additionally, I have noticed the Internet disconnect randomly while just watching the network page (Work meetings w/o VPN were still functioning, however I could not access websites etc). This is strange considering, my direct ISP WiFi network through the modem/router is functioning correctly and has internet connection for my other devices.

Hi @rgkst2

If your ISP connection is working fine; however, the connection to the Unleashed network is not, you may be affected by a known issue called routing code, this is basically the Ruckus ICX7150 Switch is not booting from the correct partition, it is booting from its routing code causing a slow connection only on the Unleashed network, let me add the symptoms and how to fix it.

Symptoms: 

Websites not loading
Devices getting disconnected or having problems working as intended.
Network dropping at random points in time.
Smart devices not being able to connect to the internet.
Unleashed dashboard sometimes as “Disconnected” on the Internet tab.

How to Fix Routing code issues on Lennar Home users via Web GUI.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Fix-Routing-code-issu...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

PREVIEW

rgkst2
New Contributor

Hi Yarenis,

When logging into remote management no switches are present, only two APs. Interestingly enough, three Ruckus WIreless IP addresses are found in Advanced IP Scanner. The two APs are present, however the last IP address, is listed as "Dead" in Advanced IP Scanner. Assuming this is the switch, typing it in an address bar times out.