cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Console to Switch Issue

Finnejo
New Contributor II

I’ve gotten the correct username and password entered and went through all of the commands pressing enter after each but now it’s stalled at “TFTP session timed out” and won’t continue. What do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Finnejo
New Contributor II

image.jpg

Hi @Finnejo 

Hope you are doing well ! 

You shouldn't worry about this message, basically the switch is looking for a TFTP server to load the configuration file from the TFTP server but there is no response from the TFTP server so for that reason creates a time out. 

The messages can be ignored if the user is not trying to download a configuration file from TFTP server.

If you want that  the message  disappears you can disable TFTP but you will not be able to do upgrades via TFTP you will have to re-enable it back 

ICX7150-48ZP Router>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
ICX7150-48ZP Router#config terminal
ICX7150-48ZP Router(config)#tftp disable

Best Regards 

Fernando Vasquez 

OK, but I’m still not seeing my internet issues resolved. I’m not able to connect to unleashed.ruckuswireless.com

Hi @Finnejo 

Since you have access to the Switch, please run the next commands and share the results, also you can disable TFTP and upgrade via USB to the recommended code 08095g UFI, using the file named SPS08095gufi.bin in both partitions Primary and Secondary, once is upgraded you can enable back TFTP in can you need it in the feature

Enable back TFTP:

ICX7150-48ZP Router>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
ICX7150-48ZP Router#config terminal
ICX7150-48ZP Router(config)#no tftp disable

Requested commands:

show version

show lldp neighbor

how lldp neighbor detail

show poe

How to Upgrade a Switch ICX-7150-C12P using a USB flash drive

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-Upgrade-a-Switch-ICX-...

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández.

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired | Lennar Home Community