cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

daniel_deusterm
New Contributor II

We've been having intermittent outages since July '22. Everything on the ISP end is good. Last year we had our switch replaced do to faulty firmware. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is. We lose connection and the equipment power cycles. Connection loss lasts anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more. Some days are fine, other days it won't stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time. Connection loss happens on both wired and wireless.

ICX7150-C12P

3x R320

50 REPLIES 50

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

Yes, however do not worry about the switch, because it's OK, you have confirmed with the speed test you did, now we have to worry about the speed test in your wireless environment, it means when you were connected to the Wi-Fi signal., so please follow up the steps previously provided and share the results.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

Technical Support Engineer | L2 TAC Wired

daniel_deusterm
New Contributor II

yikes

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

USB to Type C for console access, and regular Ethernet for data connection, there is no brand name, just the model type required, my co-worker provides the pictures because for some customers it is easier to recognize the cables with the pictures.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández

I already asked if any USB to Type C would work and I was told that some work and some don't. So which is it? Will any USB to Type C, like a charging cable, work or not? 

f-me

Hi @daniel_deusterm 

Correct, all the USB type C cables are capable for data transfer as well.

Best regards,

Yarenis Hernández