cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot disable constant "PoE Fatal: Vmain (48V) fault has forced all ports on slot 0 to lose power."

KenB2386
New Contributor

7150-C12P

I have tried to disable the logging so I can try the recommended firmware upgrade. I cannot see any response to the recommended "no logging on" and "no logging console" commands. The firmware is a very old version (circa 2018). WHAT WILL STOP THE CONSTANT Messages?

I also see recommendation to try factory reset. The instructions I tried are to hold the reset button while powering up and wait for the many amber leds to flash... never happens. However, they do come on momentarily when pressing the reset button.  WHAT SHOULD WORK? I am assuming factory reset is appropriate for all Lennar customers. I know the switch originally required configuring POE and know the latest firmware enables POE by default if I can get there.

Is this problem really possibly fixable by firmware upgrade or is it a hardware power supply failure.

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @KenB2386 

Greetings! 

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it. 

Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Looks like I did not scroll down all the way to the end of thread.

Can you see my reply to your original response?

Hello @KenB2386 

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for the response and the information.

We cannot avoid those error messages. Suggest you try using Switch IP address assigned by ISP Router to access CLI and check.

Could you kindly provide a screenshot of the CLI displaying the error messages? Additionally, please include a picture illustrating the cable connections between the Switch and the laptop.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

I cannot do either of those right now. 
I use PuTTY and cable is USB-A on Windows 10 PC to USB-C on the switch. 

The switch constantly and rapidly outputs that single-line message. 

I am physically precluded from actively working on this right now. 

I will first have to find out if his switch even has an IP address. As I stated before, mine did not have one so cable connected CLI was only option. His may be the same. 

I will open a new post later if you cannot leave this one open. 

Hi @KenB2386 

Thank you for the response and the information.

We regret to hear about that.

Based on the troubleshooting, you cannot access the CLI using the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch with continuous PoE fatal error messages. It's not letting upgrading the Switch firmware version. This is an indication of hardware failure. This Switch unit Should be RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) in simple words replacing it.

Feel free to contact us via chat, comment you already have a post, copy the link from the post (URL), and paste it into the chat to start the unit replacement.

Please follow the steps as shown in the below example:

As shown in the below picture, copy the link and share it via chat from the link provided:

The below link is to contact us by chat (only)

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Did I answer your queries? If yes, hit the Kudos buttons and also accept the answers as Accepted solutions.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.