cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access console of ICX-7150-C12P

rohotomase
New Contributor

I'm seeing the issue described here: https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-ICX-7150-C12P-...

I'm trying to access the console to be able to resolve this problem, but I'm unable to access the console through any means despite trying every guide or method I found on these forums. SSH and telnet are not accessible (probably due to the state of the switch), all attempts say no route to host. 

I've attempted the usb-c connection using the serial connection and following the guides and installing the usb serial driver I just get an empty console no timeout, no error, nothing. The usb light on my switch is yellow. The web console shows the switch as disconnected (aps are up and accessible). I've rebooted multiple times, and even tried the reset on reboot (which didn't seem to have any effect). Is there anything I can do to get into the console?

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @rohotomase 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you have an SPR code issue with your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and trying to get console access.

Were you able to find the IP address of the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch?

You should see the Switch Dashboard as shown in the below screenshot to confirm it’s a Switch IP Address. 

Please refer to the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help guide on how to find the IP address of the Switch and confirm.

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/How-to-find-the-IP-Address-o...

Please confirm and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I followed that guide, the scanner only picks up the 2 access points. I can see the IP of the switch from within the ruckus app or via the web UI, but it is inaccessible from the browser.

Hi @rohotomase 

Thank you or the response and the update.

What IP address do you see in the Unleashed from the web Unleashed system. (Please refer to the below screenshot)

Could you please use the IP Address highlighted in the above screenshot and try to browse it on the Web browser?

If that doesn't work, please reboot (Unplug and plug from the power supply) your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and Internet Service Provider's (ISP) Router once. Then IP scan once again and try.

Please check and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

That is the IP I found and used, I have rebooted the switch 10 times over the last few days and it has made no difference.