cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought house from previous owner

Brajeshsahu
New Contributor II

Hi Community,

I bought this home from previous owner and I did not get any credentials for ruckus switch. I connected my router to the switch. The wifi information given in the big white internet box is not showing up (Lennar-xxxxx)

Could someone please guide me step by step to setup the switch and internet.

Thanks in advance 

Brajesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Brajeshsahu 

Greetings of the day!!!

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Please follow the below process to factory reset your APs to configure them with a new SSID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To perform a factory reset correctly on one of the access points, you must disconnect the rest of your other access points from the "ICX-7150-switch". For example, if you have 3 access points, you should go to the switch and disconnect 2 of the cables to turn off the "2 access points" and only leave 1 connected with which we are going to work the factory reset once you configure the access point and make sure all is good, go ahead and reconnect the other Access Points back.

Physical Factory Reset of RUCKUS Access Point:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Physical-Factory-Reset-an-Ac...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using your Mobile:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Ruckus-Unleashed-Set-up-usin...

Ruckus Unleashed Set-up using Web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8I5aVwMNMg

Password recovery setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqnG8fupaLk

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Imran_ruckus

Hi @Brajeshsahu 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

As per the case description, I could understand that you need help with the configuration of your RUCKUS setup. 

Could you please let us know?

1. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

2. Is your Internet Connection from the Internet Service Provider (ISP) stable and working? (You could check this by connecting to your local router Wi-Fi or from an ethernet cable from Router to a laptop/PC)

3. May I know how many Access Points are connected to the Switch? Could you please let me know the light status on the Access Points? Any of these lights are on (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please refer to the above guides as a reference and help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. Also, light the status of Access Points.

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Thanks Imran,

1. I am adding the pictures. Yes it is plugged in and I see Green lights for STAT, SYST AND PWR. I have 3 access point 1 in each floor. All looks green

16808891347725645684453814265212.jpg

16808892033442586879546009718720.jpg

16808892459775721582663291166904.jpg

16808889760938852380383865740067.jpg

 2.Yes I have xfinity and it's stable and working. I have netgear C3000 router plus modem.

Thank you. Please let me know the next step

Hi @Brajeshsahu 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

As I see from the picture you shared, seems like there is No ethernet cable coming from the Router/Modem-Router combo is plugged into the Switch panel. It must be plugged into any 1 in-8 ports as shown in the below screenshot. Please plug the ethernet cable from the Router/Modem-Router combo into any 1 in-8 ports.

Please refer to the short guide link as a reference which is already shared in the previous post about how to connect the devices.

Once the ethernet cable from the Router/Modem-Router combo is plugged into the Switch, you should see a Wi-Fi name or SSID from the Access Point to connect. 

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Thank Imran, I connected the switch to router via ethernet cable. I see my wifi network name (netgear21) same as the old and I connected to the wifi. Could you please guide me what next? How do I use unleased app, it is asking me to connect to CONFIGURE.ME SSID to do further setup. Sorry I am asking lots of questions as I am totally new to this.

16809191061696207877490102983519.jpg

16809191402034153890458354538526.jpg