cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought Lennar home, don’t know how to setup switch

DavidN
New Contributor

Hello, I bought a Lennar home with a ruckus switch. Not tech savvy and I’m trying to connect modem to switch to get wireless internet through access points.can anyone assist please? 

11 REPLIES 11

pinky_ruckus

Hi @DavidN ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you bought Lennar house with Ruckus switch and is looking for assistance with your RUCKUS  setup.

Please verify the connections from the access points and ICX 7150 -C12 P that the cable seems to be in good conditions. Also, the ethernet cable should be connected to 1 of 12 ports in the switch.

Please refer to the short guide link below about how to connect the devices as a reference:

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you for sharing this. I noticed this setup in one of the other posts but do not understand why I have to connect a router before I connect to a switch? As odd as it is I would rather not have a router in my sons bedroom on all the time for health purposes. I’m hopeful that I can connect modem directly to the switch and the switch takes the internet signal and sends it to the access points, and the access points act as a router instead. Am I thinking about this wrong? Thank you for your time! 

Hello @DavidN ,

Thank you for sharing the response.

From the response you shared, I understand that you are trying to connect your modem directly to a switch and then use access points for distributing the internet signal without a separate router. 

If you prefer not to have a router in your son's bedroom, you might consider placing the router in a more suitable location and using access points to extend Wi-Fi coverage. This way, the router can still manage the internet traffic while access points provide wireless connectivity.

Also, would like to know if you are using modem/router combo from your Internet service provider. In that case, you do not need 2 separate devices. You will directly connect from the modem/router combo to the Switch and the Access points will be connected from the Switch. I would request you to please check with your ISP if you are using modem/router combo or 2 devices separately?

Please let us know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

pinky_ruckus

Hello @DavidN ,

Greetings!

This is a follow-up in reference to the case you have opened in the Ruckus Lennar Support Community.

I would like to know if you require further assistance since our last correspondence. Should you have any questions or if the status of your case has changed, please let me know by responding to this post.

Please feel free to contact if you have any further concerns regarding the same.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.