cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Ruckus Access Point

waverlygreen
New Contributor II

I would like to add a Ruckus access point to my Lennar home. I currently have two Ruckus R510's. To add a third Ruckus access point, would it have to be hardwired with an ethernet cable? It looks like both of the current access points connect to the main device by ethernet.

Thanks.

Waverly Green

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

waverlygreen
New Contributor II

Issue resolved. Thanks.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Imran_ruckus

Hi @waverlygreen 

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for reaching out to the RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Based on your query, it seems that you are looking to add a RUCKUS R510 Access Point to an existing RUCKUS Unleashed environment that currently includes two R510 APs.

To ensure a seamless integration, please follow these steps:

1. Verify AP Firmware Version: Make sure the new R510 Access Point is upgraded to the same firmware version as the existing two R510 APs. For guidance on checking the AP version, please refer to the screenshot provided below.

2. Connect the New AP: Once the firmware is confirmed to be the same, connect the new R510 Access Point to any of the ports 1 through 12 (Refer to the below screenshot) on the RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch. It should then synchronize with the existing Unleashed system.

Please try these steps and let me know if the issue is resolved or if you have any further questions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  
RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Thanks, Imran.

I see that I can add it with an ethernet connection, but that would require putting cables through walls and/or ceilings.

Is it possible to add another access point wirelessly?

Hi @waverlygreen 

Thank you for your response and update.

Please enable the mesh AP option within your existing RUCKUS Unleashed system and attempt to connect wirelessly without using an Ethernet cable. This should help in establishing a mesh network.

For guidance on setting up mesh, please refer to the following videos:

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGtsoIqN2s4

Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1dh_q5ZTT4

Please let me know if you encounter any issues or have further questions.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi  

Hi @waverlygreen 

Greetings!!!

I trust this message finds you well.

I kindly request an update on the status of the issue so that we may proceed further with resolving it.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Imran Sanadi