cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Eero to existing Lennar home network

manny_ajvalia
New Contributor

I have the typical Lennar home Ruckus network: 
Switch: ICX 7150-C12P and two R510 access points.  My ISP (Frontier) is upgrading my home connection 1Gig therefore need an upgraded router. They sent me the "Eero Pro 6e" router and will also send me additional Eero devices to put around the home.

Is this possible to just swap out my old router with Eero? Any suggestions?

Thank you very much in advance 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Imran_ruckus

Hi @manny_ajvalia 

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that you need assistance in connecting a new Router to your existing Lennar RUCKUS setup.

Yes, you can replace the new Router, it’s ethernet cable and other devices must be connected in any 1 in-12 ports of the Switch. Please refer to the below screenshots and articles for more information.

Most common Setups for Lennar homes users:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/Most-common-Setups-for-Lenna...

Once connected as per the above explanation, reboot (unplug and plug from the power output) your RUCKUS ICX-7150-C12P Switch and new ISP Router once.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

manny_ajvalia
New Contributor

My other question: ISP is sending other Eero units to place around the home. Can I use the same SSID for the Ruckus APs and the Eero units?

Hi @manny_ajvalia 

Thank you for your response.

Users can utilize the RUCKUS Access Points (APs) WLAN SSID to access the Internet on any devices. However, it's important to note that Access Points from other vendors cannot be configured to broadcast the same SSID as RUCKUS APs. Access Points with different vendor will have different set of WLAN SSID broadcasting from them.

Should you have any further inquiries on this matter, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you once again for your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi 

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community

Hi @manny_ajvalia 

Greetings!!!

I am writing to request an update on the status of the issue. Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated to proceed further.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community