cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access points R510 has no power

Lennar1
New Contributor

My access points lost power (pic#1) and I did some research and realized that I need to reset the switch by unplugging it and pressing the reset button on it. After resetting it now all the lights on the switch just keep flashing amber (pic#2) and there are still no power on my access points on my ceilings. 

please advise. 

IMG_9116.jpeg

IMG_9114.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

pinky_ruckus

Hi @Lennar1 ,

Greetings!!!

Thank you for contacting RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I hope you are doing well!!!

Thank you for the information you shared.

As per the case description, I understand that your RUCKUS Access points are not powering on.

As you mentioned the lights on the Switch is Amber, Meaning the Switch is stuck in the boot mode.

As you tried reset with no luck, we would suggest you to perform the reset on the Switch multiple times and if the reset doesn’t work, the only option is to perform Software recovery.

You can follow the process once again as described below:

1. Power OFF the box.

2. Press the reset button in the box using a paper clip and to be held without releasing.

3. Power ON the box.

4. In a few seconds, all Status Mode LEDs will be flashing in Amber colour.

5. After that flashing, after 2 seconds, now release the pin from the reset button.

6. Check if the reset happening in the box.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to reset the Switch:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please follow the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

I have tried resetting it many times and the end result is as I mentioned above. All the lights keep flashing amber.

Hello @Lennar1 ,

Thank you for the response and the information shared.

As you have performed reset multiple times, the only option is to perform Software recovery.

Please follow the below RUCKUS Lennar Knowledge base self-help article which will help you to perform the Software recovery:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Lennar-Support-Knowledge/Fixing-RUCKUS-Switch-with-an...

Please follow the article and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Thank you again for your patience.

Best regards,

Pinky Rajendran

RUCKUS Lennar Home Community.

Thank you. I now have fixed the problem. But now my unleashed app isn’t working. 

IMG_9132.png

 I am using “admin” as username and I get the above message! 

please advise