cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access points R510 has no power

vchekkilla
New Contributor

Hi Team,

My R510 access points have been down from last two days and are not displaying any lights, need assistance for a resolution. I have 3 access points and none of them is working.

R7150 switch has green lights on the back, still access points do have any lights displaying.

Need your assistance to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vchekkilla 

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As I can see from the information you shared, the PoE is in the disabled state on all the ports of the Switch (Please refer to the below screenshot). By which the Access Points are unable to get the power.

To enable the PoE on the Switch, please perform the below commands from the CLI:

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power

Also attaching a Screenshot as a reference:

Once you perform the above process all ports should be On, and APs should get the power.

To avoid these issues in the future, I would like to suggest upgrading your Switch to the latest stable version, as your current Switch is on the old version which is SPS08060. Please let me know once you are done with the above process, to assist you with the upgrading of the Switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thank you again for your patience. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @vchekkilla 

Thank you for the response and the update. 

We need to check the Switch ports information from the CLI access. To check the same, please follow the below steps and help us with the output of the CLI commands mentioned in this post below.

Please follow the below steps and help us with the queries,

1. To check this issue, we must identify the ‘current’ IP address assigned by your local router to the Switch ICX-7150-C12P

I will leave you a guide on how to perform an IP scanner on your local network to identify the switch IP address very easily. 

How to find my Ruckus “Devices IP address” using free applications:

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-find-my-Ruckus-Device...

2. Once we identify the IP address of the switch proceed to access remotely to the device “Command Line” 

How to remotely access to 'ICX 7150-C12P' or 'access points' "Network devices":

https://community.ruckuswireless.com/t5/RUCKUS-Support-for-Lennar-Homes/How-to-remotely-access-to-IC...

If you can access the Command line should look like this:

ICX7150-C12 Router> OR

ICX7150-C12 Switch>

Please enter the below commands once you log in to CLI and share the output.

Note: Hit Enter to accept each command 

enable

show version
show inline power 
show inline power detail 

Please share the output of the above commands or share the screenshots if stuck at any step or error (if any) and let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

I have tried the steps you mentioned but could not find the access point's IP address.

Able to hit the switch IP address: 10.0.0.229, did the steps repeatedly but still had no luck.

vchekkilla_0-1681408288987.png

vchekkilla_1-1681408329058.png

vchekkilla_2-1681409110932.pngvchekkilla_3-1681409127226.png

Hi @vchekkilla 

Thank you for the response and the update.

Could you please try the Telnet option to log in to CLI (Putty)? - Please refer below

Telnet – Port 23

If it is not working, could you please try to login into the Switch via a web browser?

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran, 

Here is the output of the commands,

vchekkilla_5-1681414686136.png

vchekkilla_0-1681414363313.pngvchekkilla_1-1681414378852.png

vchekkilla_3-1681414496878.pngvchekkilla_4-1681414507689.png

Thanks,

Vikram

Hi @vchekkilla 

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As I can see from the information you shared, the PoE is in the disabled state on all the ports of the Switch (Please refer to the below screenshot). By which the Access Points are unable to get the power.

To enable the PoE on the Switch, please perform the below commands from the CLI:

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power

Also attaching a Screenshot as a reference:

Once you perform the above process all ports should be On, and APs should get the power.

To avoid these issues in the future, I would like to suggest upgrading your Switch to the latest stable version, as your current Switch is on the old version which is SPS08060. Please let me know once you are done with the above process, to assist you with the upgrading of the Switch.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.