cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access points R510 has no power

vchekkilla
New Contributor

Hi Team,

My R510 access points have been down from last two days and are not displaying any lights, need assistance for a resolution. I have 3 access points and none of them is working.

R7150 switch has green lights on the back, still access points do have any lights displaying.

Need your assistance to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @vchekkilla 

Thank you for the detailed information you shared,

As I can see from the information you shared, the PoE is in the disabled state on all the ports of the Switch (Please refer to the below screenshot). By which the Access Points are unable to get the power.

To enable the PoE on the Switch, please perform the below commands from the CLI:

Switch>enable
No password has been assigned yet...
Switch#configure terminal
Switch(config)#interface ethernet 1/1/1 to 1/1/12
Switch(config-mif-1/1/1-1/1/12)#inline power

Also attaching a Screenshot as a reference:

Once you perform the above process all ports should be On, and APs should get the power.

To avoid these issues in the future, I would like to suggest upgrading your Switch to the latest stable version, as your current Switch is on the old version which is SPS08060. Please let me know once you are done with the above process, to assist you with the upgrading of the Switch.

Please let me know if you have any queries in this regard.

NOTE: Please feel free to mark the post as ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Thank you again for your patience. 

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Imran_ruckus

Hi @vchekkilla 

Thank you for contacting Lennar Home Community.

Hope you are doing well!!!

From the case description, I could understand that your RUCKUS Access Points have no power.

Could you please let us know the answers to the below queries to assist you better?

1. Was there any power outage before you started facing this issue?

2. On your switch while it's plugged into the outlet, do you see any lights on? (Amber or green) Please let us know which lights are on. (Please refer to the below picture and share a picture of the same)

Please help us with pictures of your ICX-7150-C12P Switch showing the status of the lights. 

Before uploading the photos please log in to the RUCKUS account and you can upload the image.

Please let us know the answers to the above queries or if you have any queries in this regard.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

1. There was no power outage, all of sudden it stopped and AP stopped working.

2. Attached the pics as requested.

3. Before contacting tried the options based on previous information available in the forum but still no luck.

4. Also I forgot the unleashed admin password.

Thanks,

Vikram

0AB2CA7F-7441-47AE-B75B-97EA242E368B.jpeg

B0D10167-9CBC-4E44-8ABA-CB92462C022D.jpeg

E648BA1B-5027-4391-AF13-C60FB103AB66.jpeg

Hi @vchekkilla 

Thank you for the response and the information you shared.

Sometimes the Switch may require a hard reboot (disconnect and connect the switch from the power outlet). Also, Unplug and plug the ethernet cables from the Switch ports panel and plug them back again.

Please let me know if that works or doesn’t to assist further.

Best regards,

Imran Sanadi

Lennar Home Community.

Hi Imran,

Tried as advised, but no luck. 

Thanks,

Vikram